api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer
Posted by: pekele (197.210.227.---)
Date: September 12, 2019 03:00AM

Please somebody help me i installed wamp server 64 bit and it has refused to start giving me this error message. Initially when i installed it was giving me the error message "vcruntime140 dll is missing from your computer" i have solved this one and after it started giving another error message "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer"

Re: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 12, 2019 09:15AM

Hi,

> "vcruntime140 dll is missing from your computer" i have solved this one
How did you solve this error?

> "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing
See item 20-a of TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: pekele (41.203.78.---)
Date: September 13, 2019 06:58PM

I have download Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows, when i tried to run it, i got the reply "update is not applicable to your computer".

What can i do?

Date: September 13, 2019 07:07PM

Hi,

You have not answered the following question:

> "vcruntime140 dll is missing from your computer" i have solved this one
How did you solve this error?

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: September 13, 2019 07:56PM

Okay, downloaded
Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015-2019 x86
Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015-2019 x64

and installed it in my computer system.

Date: September 13, 2019 08:49PM

Hi,

- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

Date: September 14, 2019 11:07AM

I have followed all the instructions you gave and installed all VC and CV++ packages from
[wampserver.aviatechno.net]
yet it is still given me the error message
"The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Date: September 14, 2019 12:12PM

Hi,

What could have happened, as indicated in TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS, was:

It may be that if you were not "up to date" with the redistributable packages VC9, VC10, VC11.... before installing WampServer, it has not been properly installed and that even this update does not resolve your problem. We must therefore uninstall Wampserver and verify that both services wampmysqld and wampapache (wampmysqld64 and wampmyapache64 for Wampserver 64 bit) no longer exist - if necessary remove them.

Restart the machine and install Wampserver as an administrator.

Posted by: pekele (197.210.227.---)
Date: September 15, 2019 01:25AM

I have religiously followed your instruction yet it is still given me the error message
"The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Date: September 15, 2019 10:01AM

Hi,

The error message of the missing file and "update is not applicable to your computer" leads me to think that you are under Windows 10 (which you never specified).

It also makes me think that you are not up to date with Windows 10 updates or that one or more updates have not been installed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.