WAMPServer 3 installation incorrect
Posted by: mazarick (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 01, 2019 04:23PM

I have an issue because PHP is not displaying part of a web page that I control. It is probably a simple fix. There is a login page which correctly displays 3 buttons to update a mysql database. When any of these buttons are pressed, the page correctly goes to where the PHP is supposed to, but the web page is blank.

First, I did a google search for "PHP debug Win 10". I found out that most people are using the VS Code framework for debugging PHP. Since I didn't have PHP installed on my local machine, it became apparent that I had to install it.

Next, I did a google search for "PHP download Win 10". I installed the latest PHP in a PHP7 directory.

Then I did a google search for "PHP doesn't display in a web browser". This pointed me to Stack Exchange, and one of the solutions suggested was WAMP, which led me to this situation.

The WAMP icon in my system tray indicated 0 of 3 necessary services are running (it eventually says 2 of 3, but the icon stays "burnt orange"winking smiley, so the icon becomes "burnt orange" instead of red. When I select under "Tools" to test Port 80, it says that "*** ERROR *** This Service is NOT from Wampserver - Should be: 'wampapache64'. When I try to re-install all services, it reports:

Your port 80 is actually used by:
Server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0
Cannot install the Apache Service, please stop this service and try again.

(I think I will have to kill the web browser and start over)

===== Tested by command netstat filtered on port 3306 =====

Test for TCPv6
Your port 3306 is used by a processus with PID = 11580
The processus of PID 11580 is 'mysqld.exe' Session: Services
The service of PID 11580 for 'mysqld.exe' is 'wampmysqld64'
This service wampmysqld64 is from Wampserver for MySQL or MariaDB

===== Tested by command netstat filtered on port 3307 =====

Test for TCPv6
Your port 3307 is used by a processus with PID = 7652
The processus of PID 7652 is 'mysqld.exe' Session: Services
The service of PID 7652 for 'mysqld.exe' is 'wampmariadb64'
This service is from Wampserver - It is correct

There is never a green icon.

Should I re-install it or am I far enough along (in you opinion) to go from where I am?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMPServer 3 installation incorrect
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 01, 2019 05:25PM

Hi,

> Your port 80 is actually used by:
> Server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0
This shows, once again, that you don't read anything, nothing of nothing, when you install a program!
It is very clearly displayed:

- Disable IIS
Item No. 08 of the Wampserver TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
If these prerequisites are not in place, Press the Cancel button to cancel the installation, then apply the prerequisites and restart the installation.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: WAMPServer 3 installation incorrect
Posted by: mazarick (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 01, 2019 06:55PM

I followed the instructions you provided in Troubleshooting #8 and have a blue-green icon now. It means that everything is running as expected.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.