Upgrade Wampserver 3.0 to Wampserver 3.1.9 - 64 bit
Posted by: RickyMerlo (---.cust.vodafonedsl.it)
Date: September 04, 2019 02:02PM

Hi i want to update wampserver 3.0 to 3.1.9

My installation is 64bit on windows 10, in the folder C:\wamp64

I have checked and installed the necessary Visual C ++ packages

I downloaded Wampserver update 3.1.9 cumulative update

During installation, i choose the same folder of wampserver 3.0 "C:\wamp64" or default folder C:\wamp?

After this update, what needs to be installed?

thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Upgrade Wampserver 3.0 to Wampserver 3.1.9 - 64 bit
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: September 04, 2019 02:22PM

Hi,

That has upgraded the internal WAMPServer code. It has changed nothing else, so for example you will have the same versions of Apache/MySQL/PHP/phpMyAdmin and everything else running as you did before.

If you want to upgrade the versions of Apache/MySQL/PHP/phpMyAdmin you now have to download the specific ADDON's that you want and install those.

That process may be simpler if you use the Backup Reporitory that Oto maintains

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Upgrade Wampserver 3.0 to Wampserver 3.1.9 - 64 bit
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 04, 2019 03:04PM

Hi,

> My installation is 64bit on windows 10, in the folder C:\wamp64
> During installation, i choose the same folder of wampserver 3.0 "C:\wamp64" or default folder C:\wamp?

This is an update, which implies that there is already a version of Wampserver... so you have to use the folder where your version of Wampserver is installed, so c:\wamp64.

From version 3.0.4 onwards, updates and addons can find the folder where Wampserver is installed on their own.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.