Wamp64 (64-bit) -- There is no 'mcrypt' Functionaltiy
Posted by: Len_Jacobson@usa.net (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 11, 2019 04:11PM

I have a fair bit of complex code that depends on 'mcrypt' functionality. In this forum, I have read the suggestion that it has been deprecated. Is this true?

If so, can someone please suggest an alternative and guide me to good documentation for its use?

Thank you.

Len Jacobson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp64 (64-bit) -- There is no 'mcrypt' Functionaltiy
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 11, 2019 04:42PM

Hi,

RTFM - It is ALWAYS necessary to read the documentation.

[www.php.net]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: Len_Jacobson@usa.net (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 11, 2019 05:05PM

I politely accept the rebuke from you. You are, of course, correct to tell me to read the documentation. I should have done that.

I'm just very nervous about changing that code as it was (for my level of expertise) the "fanciest" code I have ever written. Now I will see if I can write even better code.

Len Jacobson

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 11, 2019 06:34PM

Hi,

*** Warning This feature was DEPRECATED in PHP 7.1.0, and REMOVED in PHP 7.2.0.

> I have a fair bit of complex code that depends on 'mcrypt' functionality.

Locally, you use a PHP version < 7.1.0, for example 7.0.33 or 5.6.40 to check that all your mcrypt features work perfectly.
From there, you make a copy of the local site to put it under another VirtualHost and it is this new local site that you will run under PHP 7.1.0 or 7.2.0 or 7.3.8 to modify your functions that used mcrypt. This way, you are safe, the original site still exists and is not modified.

My previous answer may have seemed a little "sharp" to you, but this forum is intended to help you run Wampserver correctly, not to fix PHP scripts or SQL queries.

RiggFolly's signature, mine, and the Documentation items in the Apache, PHP, MySQL and MariaDB menus of Wampmanager provide links to the official documentation.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.