Can't access phpmyadmin and wordpress dashboard on chrome
Posted by: johanb (180.68.44.---)
Date: August 11, 2019 08:15AM

I have a problem with wamp when using chrome, I've been using wamp and chrome for over two years without any issues. However yesterday I couldn't log in to either PHPMyAdmin or the WordPress dashboard. The little wheel is spinning but it won't take me anywhere. I can log in when I use Edge so it must be an issue specific to Chrome. I have cookies enabled on Chrome and I have checked the ports, and I'm using localhost.

I can view the wamp localhost page and all other frontend pages, I just can't log in to any of them.

I'm running the following:
Windows 10 64bit
Wamp 3.1.7 64bit
MySQL 5.7.24
Apache 2.4.37

Anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't access phpmyadmin and wordpress dashboard on chrome
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 12, 2019 11:40AM

This does not sound like an issue with WAMPServer.

It sound more like Chrome have changed something that is now causing you an issue. You do realise that Chrome updates itself quietly behind the scenes and such an update may have an effect on what or how you are doing something.

I suggest you look at the Chrome change log

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: johanb (1.231.234.---)
Date: August 15, 2019 02:59AM

Thanks for your reply!

Yes I know Chrome updates regularly behind the scenes, was just curious if anyone else had the same issue as me since Chrome is a popular browser.

I will update with a solution when I found one.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 15, 2019 09:50AM

Hi,

What is the URL of your site. The address you place in the browsers address bar.

If it has localhost in it then a google search for "chrome and localhost" should show you the reason and some solutions. I would suggest a solution, but it appears to change almost as often as the version of chrome, so it is better to look up the latest one yourself.

Can I also suggest that you read The need for Virtual Hosts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2019 09:58AM by RiggsFolly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.