Forbidden You don't have permission to access /wp-login.php
Posted by: Pisco (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 25, 2019 10:40PM

Hi,

I created a new virtual host and I could access to it when I completed all the process. Today when I tried to access again I got this message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /wp-login.php on this server.
Apache/2.4.39 (Win64) PHP/7.3.7 Server at newsite.test Port 80

The database is still there, the name of the virtual host appears on the virtualhost menu.

Why I could access yesterday and I can't now?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Forbidden You don't have permission to access /wp-login.php
Date: July 25, 2019 11:05PM

I discovered what happened. I changed the name of the folder as if it was a normal folder, forgetting it was a the root path of the database.

How can I change the name of the folder or, if for any reason, I need to change the root path to a different location?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 25, 2019 11:34PM

EXACTLY which folder did you rename?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: July 25, 2019 11:38PM

Changing the root path on the httpd-vhosts file, will work?, Or do I have to modify this somewhere else?

Date: July 25, 2019 11:41PM

The folder I remane was the folder that contains the wordpress.

Date: July 25, 2019 11:53PM

Then it is NOTHING TO DO with the folder holding the database.
If you want to mess with things you really have to get a basic idea of what you are doing first.
Until that happens, stop fiddling with a system that works. If you f#£& with it when you don't know what you are doing, expect issues.

Do you need to change the folder name? Unless the answer is, I absolutely have to THEN DONT.
Instead, think about things before you do things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: July 26, 2019 12:37AM

Ok, i got the message -don't mess up with thing you don't know, but is that really so complicated?

I know that changing the name of a virtualhost site is the same than deleting it. You have to do it from the

httpd-vhosts file. At least there is one video tutorial that explain how to do it. Unfortunately, it didn't say anything about changing the root path, which basically, is the same that what I did by mistake today.

Date: July 26, 2019 12:43AM

Is it really so complicated..... No

To change the name of the document root:
Stop wampserver
Rename or relocate the DocumentRoot folder
Edit the httpd-vhosts.conf file and change old folder names into the new folder names.
Simple, obvious

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2019 10:04AM by RiggsFolly.

Date: July 26, 2019 10:30PM

Easy peasy!

"Rename or relocate the DocumentRoot folder"
"Edit the httpd-vhosts.conf file and change old folder names into the new folder names."

You mean edit the whosts-conf from my virtual host? If so, I checked it, actually, in that point I need some piece of advice.

First: After ckecking the link for how to edit wp-config.php (ttps://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php)/ I am a bit confused. Wordpress already configured that folder. So, why will I have to configured the sample one, if it's already done?

Second: Regarding to renaming or relocating, I don't know what do you mean by changing the old folder name into the new folder name?

For instance, If I right click on the folder's name to change it, i.e. the folder contains wordpress, or if I want to relocated in another folder, how do i change it on the wp-config-php file?

Sorry, I couldn't get a grasp of that part.

Date: July 27, 2019 07:03PM

Do you have Virtual Host(s) defined yet?

No i mean httpd-vhosts.conf ....
ITS A LINK ON THE wampmanager menu

(left click) wampmanager icon ->Apache->httpd-vhosts.conf and the editor will open it for you

Posted by: Pisco (---.143.15.37.dynamic.jazztel.es)
Date: August 02, 2019 10:18PM

Hi,

Sorry for replying so late,

When you said defined, what exactly did you mean?

"(left click) wampmanager icon ->Apache->httpd-vhosts.conf and the editor will open it for you"

I followed that link and yes, I could open it and check I have both sites.

I still don't know how to relocate or change a name of a virtual host. If I am not mistaken, if I want to change the name of the site, do I have delete the site from httpd-vhosts.conf folder? Is that right?

If I change the name or the root path in that folder, will not break things apart?

Date: August 05, 2019 09:38AM

Changing the Location on disk is obvious.
Changing the Apache config is as simple as changing the Path and Folder in httpd-vhost.conf.

But as WordPress stores the domain name (Used when you installed the site) in its database, this part is not so simple.

Check out the WordPress codex for assistance on this subject, or simply Google `wordpress change site name` and read some of the tutorials. This site is not a WordPress help site. We have no WordPress experts here/

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2019 08:59PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: August 05, 2019 08:24PM

Hi,

Ok, thanks for the information.

"Changing the Location of disk is obvious."

Umm, sorry not for me!

Changing the name or location in httpd-vhost.conf wont break the site? Sorry for insisting in the same question again but I don't think it was answered.

I will check the worpress thing. I had no idea that I will have to do that too!

Date: August 05, 2019 09:03PM

Changing the Location on disk is obvious. Umm, sorry not for me!

Well if moving a folder from one place to another in windows is beyond you the rest is well over your pay grade.

SORRY but this site is NOT a free training course on everything from Windows basics to Advanced websites.

WAMPServer is your playground. Use it, break it, learn from your mistakes, then throw it away and reinstall it and do it better next time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2019 09:42AM by RiggsFolly.

Date: August 06, 2019 08:15PM

Ok, I thought it would be something else.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.