It seems that in your PHP installation is missing the MySQL extension, which is required by WordPress.
Posted by: webipsum (---.virtua.com.br)
Date: July 07, 2019 06:28AM

Hello.
After a long time I am returning to Wordpress.
I used WampServer 2.5 64
I exported .sql from a Wordpress site.
I removed WampServer 2.5 64
I installed WampServer 3.1.9 64
I imported the .sql, through phpMyAdmin - Server Choice: MySQL.
I copied in the www folder from WampServer 3.1.9 the site folder that was in the WampServer 2.5 www folder.
The BD and Tables seem to be ok!
But every time I try to enter the site, type:
localhost/site/ or localhost/site/wp-admin, the following message appears:
It seems that in your PHP installation is missing the MySQL extension, which is required by WordPress.
Please, any tips?

Re: It seems that in your PHP installation is missing the MySQL extension, which is required by WordPress.
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 07, 2019 09:12AM

Hi,

mysql extension was deprecated in PHP 5.5.0, and it was removed in PHP 7.0.0. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See [www.php.net]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: It seems that in your PHP installation is missing the MySQL extension, which is required by WordPress.
Posted by: webipsum (---.virtua.com.br)
Date: July 07, 2019 03:51PM

Otomatic, thank you for your response.
I understood.
But I do not know how to make changes to Wordpress.
Have a great weekend.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 07, 2019 05:26PM

Hi,

> But I do not know how to make changes to Wordpress.
Wampserver 3.1.9 supports php 5.6.40, so you can switch to PHP 5.6.40 which still supports the mysql library.
But the permanent solution would be to see on the WordPress side how to switch to the mysqli library.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.