getting online
Posted by: lilshawn (50.99.40.---)
Date: June 26, 2019 05:05PM

I'm a very small business and just putting up an information page for our business. nothing too complicated or anything. I imagine this site would be accessed a couple times a month at most.

I have most everything setup. the page is all done and in a subfolder of the www directory and accessible locally no problem. eventually we will point a domain at the website. BUT...

I have a static IP from my ISP and the webserver is accessible because I access the main wampserver page through my isp assigned static IP (example 123.123.123.123) from outside the network no problem, but trying to access the website iv'e created at the ip address (example 123.123.123.123/webfolder) results in a page getting returned as (localhost/webfolder) instead and a "this site cannot be reached" message.

is there something I need to change to fix this conversion to localhost? is there something i'm missing. should I be going about this in a different way?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: getting online
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: June 26, 2019 11:17PM

Hi

Please read THE NEED for VIRTUAL HOSTS

Create the Virtual Host with the domain name that you purchase for your site

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: getting online
Posted by: lilshawn (---.ab.hsia.telus.net)
Date: June 28, 2019 07:17PM

hello, thank you for your reply. I did read through and applied the settings suggested in that thread.

it is working, sort of?

I can get a good copy of the website from the server by typing in the domain......BUT

I manage to get a broken version from outside of the network when going to WEBSITEDOMAIN.COM becasue there are broken links and things still redirected to localhost... and sql database things are not redirected properly throught he virtual host so the page main page is shown, but it is plain text and broken image links.

Am I to assume that because i originally created the site with wordpress while it was in the localhost, that i will have to recreate it again while it's linked to WEBSITEDOMAIN.COM so that the links and database works properly, ...there still someting i'm missing.

may have to start over

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.