Wampserver32 launch at startup on Windows 10
Posted by: jkpalmer52 (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: June 24, 2019 03:34PM

Hi,

I am trying to setup my Wampserver32 application to launch at startup on my Windows 10 machine, but I am not able to do so.

I have searched the Microsoft site and I can't implement the desired functionality.

I have tried to use Task Manager > Startup, but Wampserver32 does not appear

I have added Wampserver32 to the C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder, and this does not work either.

Do I have to always manually launch the application?

Jim P.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wampserver32 launch at startup on Windows 10
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 24, 2019 03:43PM

Hi,

> Do I have to always manually launch the application?
Yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: Wampserver32 launch at startup on Windows 10
Posted by: lilshawn (---.ab.hsia.telus.net)
Date: June 28, 2019 07:23PM

i ended up going into the services and set the SQL and APACHE services to auto startup and noticed that on reboot, even though the system tray icon is not displayed, that they are still running. if I run the wampserver program the icon pops up and i can interact with it normally. not a big deal as long as it runs.

I tried command prompt -> "shell:startup" and ploping the program sortcut in the resulting folder displayed there but had an administartion issue (i probably could have modifed it to run as administartor) but i went with the maunal modification of the system services direction. mayby you will have more luck with this.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.