WAMP opens then immediately closes
Posted by: newhere (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: June 02, 2019 04:59AM

Hello all, I am new here. I know C++ , but im now trying to get into web applications and websites, so Im trying to use PHP and mySQL and all that good stuff. I heard WAMP was a good software to use to get started , but so far I am having 0 luck getting it open, much more actually doing anything with it.

What I have done so far:

1) downloaded zip files of all microsoft files for my 64 bit system( i verified my computer was 64 bits) and ran them all as an administrator.

2) I downloaded the check tool and it said everything was good.

3) I then downloaded the main WAMP application, ran that as an administrator. It is saved in C:/wamp.

4) I downloaded the 3.1 WAMP update and ran it as admin

5) I downloaded repair tool and ran that as admin as well

6) I then attempted to open the WAMP executable as an admin on my desktop. It opens a command prompt for a second, then immediately closes that, then opens a new command prompt in a different corner of the screen and then closes completely. I have redownloaded and uninstalled, etc. and nothing has worked.

The only log that has any info is my php log:

[02-Jun-2019 02:45:36 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'curl' (tried: c:/wamp64/bin/php/php7.2.18/ext/curl (The specified module could not be found.), c:/wamp64/bin/php/php7.2.18/ext/php_curl.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP opens then immediately closes
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 02, 2019 09:21AM

Hi,

See c:\wamp64\instructions_for_use.pdf

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: June 02, 2019 10:08AM

Hi

1) downloaded zip files of all microsoft files for my 64 bit system( i verified my computer was 64 bits) and ran them all as an administrator.

You must install ALL the MSVC Runtimes Libraries for BOTH 32bit and 64bit. The wampmanager is still a 32bit app.

2) I downloaded the check tool and it said everything was good.

Odd it should have told you the 32bit MSVC Runtimes were missing, if they were

3) I then downloaded the main WAMP application, ran that as an administrator. It is saved in C:/wamp.

Odd the 32bit WAMPServer will install in C:\wamp and the 64bit will install in C:\wamp64.
Did you download the 32bit? If so why??
The 32bit will run on Windows 64bit, but the 64bit would be a better choice.

4) I downloaded the 3.1 WAMP update and ran it as admin

Odd again! The latest FULL Release of WAMPServer is V3.1.9 and the latest upgrade release is also V3.1.9.
So what are you actually downloading?

5) I downloaded repair tool and ran that as admin as well
Why ?????

6) I then attempted to open the WAMP executable as an admin on my desktop. It opens a command prompt for a second, then immediately closes that, then opens a new command prompt in a different corner of the screen and then closes completely. I have redownloaded and uninstalled, etc. and nothing has worked.

When WAMPServer starts it does not show anything other that those 2 CMD prompts that pop up and then dissappear. You are starting a web server (Apache) and a Database Server ( MySQL and mariaDB )

None of these dance in front of you eyes on the screan, they are servers.

What colour is the Wampmanager icon in the System Tray??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2019 10:47AM by RiggsFolly.

Date: June 03, 2019 07:24PM

Thank you guys very much for the replies.

In regards to your comments.

1) I did download the zip files for both the 32 and 64 bit Microsoft files

2) Since I had both the 32 and 64 bit, it said everything checked out

3) And excuse me, it did save as C:/wamp64 I just forgot the 64

4) Also , yes it was the V3.1.9 , I downloaded. Im sorry about that.

5) And because I had downloaded it the first time and it didn't work, so I said maybe I need the repair tool when I download it to make it work.

6) And it has the same color as the logo. It doesn't turn green, red, orange, anything. It just stays that pinkish purplish color.

Date: June 03, 2019 07:42PM

Some extra info:

1) Everytime I click on the application. I have to run it as an administrator . Meaning when I click the icon, windows asks me to authorize the application to run.

Date: June 04, 2019 06:05AM

Nevermind lol, I just saw that the little icon is green when u use the up arrow in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. So everything is good. I thought this program was controlled through the command prompt and so when it kept closing, I assumed something was wrong with it.

Hopefully my answer helps someone else

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.