Update or not?
Posted by: Trond (---.bb.online.no)
Date: May 24, 2019 10:38PM

It's lots of versions of server, php and sql server. A little time ago I felt it wise to update to php version 7 of sequrity reasons, and when I was at it I updated both the server and wampserver.

Then I resently have been having difficulties with one of my webs and unable to solve it util I tried to switch back to an earlier version of php (I'm still at version 7).

I can see there are newer version than I had , and many many updates.

Are there any difference in the updates? Is there any "wise" rules for updating?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Update or not?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 25, 2019 09:10AM

Hi,

> to switch back to an earlier version of php (I'm still at version 7).
To see what's wrong, the best way is to read the log files.

RTFM - PHP Documentation

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2019 03:58PM by Otomatic.

Re: Update or not?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 27, 2019 08:56AM

Yes,

First Rule for WordPress users: Check that the version of WordPress will run on a specific version of PHP.
Older versions of WordPress may not run on the latest versions of PHP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.