Check_VCRedist Says NOT INSTALLED after I installed and restarted
Posted by: JimBobH (---.mpls.qwest.net)
Date: May 22, 2019 08:37PM

Hi.

Please tell me what may be the cause of what I am observing -- my error, perhaps:

I downloaded several of the VC Redist installers to my Win 10 64-bit workstation, which has not had any of this stuff installed before, and I run the installers as Administrator (is Admin actually required? the wording on the website is different than in the Sticky forum entries), then I restart Windows and run Check_VCRedist and it says NOT INSTALLED for the very same modules I just finished installing.

Thanks for any help.

Jim

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Check_VCRedist Says NOT INSTALLED after I installed and restarted
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 23, 2019 10:03AM

Hi Jim,

First are you sure you are not getting confused between 32bit and 64bit versions of these MSVC Runtimes?

Second did you install both the 32bit AND the 64bit versions of the MSVC Runtimes?

Also, you cannot just copy these runtimes from somewhere to your system, they have to be properly installed.

See the Secondary Repository for WAMPServer At the bottom of that page there is a downloadable zip file called "All VC Redistribuable Packages (x86_x64) (32 & 64bits)"

Download that, extract the multiple INSTALLERS into a folder and then methodically install them all, one by one, in a logical version number order, oldest first. BOTH the 32bit AND 64bit versions

If you see a message saying the runtime is already installed, use the REPAIR option on that dialog to make sure it is properly installed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2019 10:04AM by RiggsFolly.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.