Visual C++ Packages
Posted by: RonB1949 (---.tpgi.com.au)
Date: May 21, 2019 07:43AM

Why do I have to install ALL these packages? My computer crashed an now I have to go through this whole process again. Why aren't they included in the doenload from SourceForge?????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2019 07:43AM by RonB1949.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Visual C++ Packages
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 21, 2019 09:36AM

Hi,

> Why do I have to install ALL these packages?
Because they are not installed by default on Windows by Microsoft when they should be.

> My computer crashed an now I have to go through this whole process again.
Disk image backups and clones have been around for a very long time.

> Why aren't they included in the doenload from SourceForge?????
Because they change often and I won't rebuild the installers every time Microsoft changes a version of the VC++ redistributables.

And I don't have to justify my choices; if you don't like it, you can go elsewhere and see if the grass is greener.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: RonB1949 (---.tpgi.com.au)
Date: June 17, 2019 09:35AM

Thank you for your answer. I was in a bad state following my computer crash. I know it's not really a Wamp question, but would restoring from a disk image backup or clone actually reinstall all those packages and the Wamp software? I thought programs had to be reinstalled by downloading them again and reinstalling them from scratch.

Thanks again and sorry about the implied criticism.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 17, 2019 10:42AM

Hi,

A "clone" disk is the duplication, byte by byte of the source disk, of course at the time of the duplication. So, if at that time the VC++ packages were installed on the source disk, they are installed exactly the same way on the cloned disk.

Nevertheless, after a crash and the reinstallation of the clone disk it may be necessary to install the services, which can be done very easily from the Wampserver icon, even if it is not green!
Left-click -> Apache -> Service management -> Install the service
And the same goes for MySQL and MariaDB.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.