Cannot load modules from Wampmanager?
Posted by: Dubguy (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: May 18, 2019 01:00AM

I have WAMP 3 running on 3 different machines, and I cannot get a single one of them to modify the httpd.conf. If I exit WAMP, modify httpd.conf manually, and then restart WAMP - the modules list hasn't changed one iota, and it doesn't revert my httpd.conf file to it's previous state, so where the hell is loading the modules from?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cannot load modules from Wampmanager?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 18, 2019 09:12AM

Posted by: Dubguy (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: May 22, 2019 12:55AM

I'll keep that in mind, but with 3 different configurations having the exact same issue, I was thinking (and rightfully so) that a simple explanation wasn't expecting too much, especially as searching the forum for Modules, wampmanager.ini (once I narrowed down the issue), etc. yields little to no results.

The issue (on all 3 systems - which makes me think this is a common issue) was that refresh.php was using more memory than I had allocated in php.ini, which caused the function to exit without updating the .ini file, which is why I kept seeing the same settings, wrong version # (after the latest update), etc.

Increasing the "memory_limit" setting to 512M worked on 2 of the systems. The other one was a little more stubborn and I had to add:

ini_set('memory_limit', '-1');

to the refresh.php file, then run "Refresh" from Wampmanager. (and then commented it out, of course). Once it got the wampmanager.ini file back in sync, it now updates like it should.

A good rule of thumb when experiencing wampmanager issues is to ignore what it says and review the WAMP homepage/phpinfo() etc. Next time I'll know!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2019 12:55AM by Dubguy.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 22, 2019 09:43AM

Hi,

> refresh.php was using more memory than I had allocated in php.ini

May we know how much memory you had allocated in `php.ini` to cause this error to happen please.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Dubguy (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: May 30, 2019 05:18PM

I do believe the default setting was/is 128M. and I must've been close to the threshold, as every now and then it would work, which made it all the more confusing!

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 30, 2019 05:27PM

Ha,

I know what the default is, I was wondering if you had reduced it for some reason smiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: simo (---.20-151.wind.it)
Date: November 02, 2019 12:21PM

Same thing happened to me today. It took me a while to figure it out.

If it happens to you too, go to C:\wamp\scripts\refresh.php and add this at the top:
ini_set('memory_limit', '512M');

Date: November 02, 2019 12:47PM

Hi,

It would be very interesting if you would post here a copy of the php_error.log file that shows the memory allocation error.
By default, all PHP versions installed with Wampserver have a memory allocation of 128M (memory_limit = 128M) and that is enough.
If you have a memory allocation error, it means that you have reduced the default value.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: simo (151.64.155.---)
Date: November 02, 2019 09:59PM

I'm sorry, I deleted my logs already. However, the error indicated that it could not allocate more than 128M.

Date: November 03, 2019 09:27AM

Hi,

> However, the error indicated that it could not allocate more than 128M.
Hence the extreme importance of always giving the exact and complete error message.
With this one, we could have known from which line of which script this memory limitation came from.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.