Deny all requests that arent made using a certain A record
Posted by: 2015corvettec7 (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: May 11, 2019 10:22PM

I have 2 a records in my domain service. one is "play" which is for me and "my friends to use. then there is "public" which is for the public to use to connect to my web and minecraft servers. how can I make wamp server deny any requests over the "public" A record because it has information on it that I only want me and a few select other people (the ones that use the "play" a record) to be able to view the site. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Deny all requests that arent made using a certain A record
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 11, 2019 11:13PM

No idea.
Non of your question means anything to me.
Is this a Minecraft specific issue?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: 2015corvettec7 (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: May 12, 2019 05:31PM

no, and it is not really an issue it's more of question. what do i do if i only want the website to be accessible over private.website.com and not public.website.com "website.com" being my domain name.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 13, 2019 07:51AM

Hi,

Declare the two subdomains private.website.com and public.website.com as VirtualHost and give different access permissions (Require) for each of the subdomains.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.