Migrating projects from 2.2 to 3.1.7
Posted by: dejudicibus (---.cust.vodafonedsl.it)
Date: April 03, 2019 11:49AM

After migration to WampServer 3.1.7 from 2.2, I can see in localhost panel all my old projects (stored ad subfolders of www). However if I click on them, I get a panel that says:

This site can’t be reached xxxxxxxx’s server IP address could not be found.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

where xxxxxxxxis the name of project. On the url bar there is xxxxxxxx/ NOT prefixed by localhost.
Any idea what's wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Migrating projects from 2.2 to 3.1.7
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 03, 2019 11:54AM

Hi,

> Any idea what's wrong?
You uninstalled your old version of Wampserver, without backing up your local sites or exporting your databases, that's what you shouldn't have done.
While there is an excellent tutorial: Install a new release of Wampserver that you should have followed.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: April 03, 2019 12:20PM

I read it but I got confused... What's happen if you REMOVE a service? I do not understand. By the way, even if I had SQL backup of databases (and I have some of them) I cannot enter in phpmyadmin, and I do not know why.

By the way, I already have folder mysql5.5.16 in my wamp, so is there a way to use the WampServer feature to switch among versions to reuse the old version of MySql?

Date: April 03, 2019 02:00PM

Hi,

> I read it but I got confused... What's happen if you REMOVE a service?
If you had really read this procedure completely, you would have understood that deleting wampapache or wampmysqld service does not have any consequences since you would have seen that the services can be reinstalled without any problem.

On the other hand, regarding databases, the only method to transfer a database is the export/import to SQL file, which you must have read in the procedure as well.
Nevertheless, you have uninstalled your version of Wampserver without doing any preconditions.
Retrieving a database from the data folder is almost doomed to failure.
However, before continuing along this path, it is essential, above all else, that Wampserver 3.1.7 is fully functional, so please READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: April 03, 2019 02:53PM

Well, I can export most databases from remote servers, and I have some backup for the others, so I can rebuild them. The problem is that FIRST I have to make phpmyadmin to work.

I currently have:

Microsoft Windows Professional 10.0.17134
WampServer 3.1.7
Apache 2.4.37
PHP 5.6.40
MySql 5.7.24
phpMyAdmin 4.8.4

I have no databases in data folder of MySql 5.7.24.
I still have my old databases in data directory of MySql 5.5.16 (that I cannot set anyway with Apace 2.4)

To make phpMyAdmin work I had to change Request local to Request all granted
Whe I launch phpMyAdmin I am requested to provide userid and password, but since I have no databases, I wonder which userid and password should I use. I tried root with no password but I get

(!) Cannot log in to the MySQL server
(!) mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2002): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Any idea what may I do? If I can open phpMyAdmin I could reimport some SQL file I have.

Date: April 03, 2019 02:56PM

Date: April 08, 2019 11:09AM

Well, I uninstalled WampServer 3, removed all stuff, and installed again. Then I started to reinport all old projects. Simple PHP projects by copying folders, WordPress projects by recreating MySql databases from backups and copying folders.

I have serious problems with WAMP settings (the ones you get by RMcool smiley. Is there a way settings are documented?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 08, 2019 12:24PM

Hi,

there are no WAMPServer setting really. You should look at the Apache or PHP or MySQL documentation, whichever part you need to know about.

Unless you can describe a specific problem we can ot help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.