PHP.ini or phpForApache.ini
Posted by: mariop2001 (---.uninet-ide.com.mx)
Date: March 21, 2019 09:49PM

I made some changes to php.ini but nothing happened, later i saw that wampserver menu modifies another file when i change parameters -> phpForApache.ini, so what is the file that i have to modify if i need make some changes? The first time i setup WampServer i renamed the file php.ini-production to php.ini and i thought that it was the file for changes. What is the good one?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP.ini or phpForApache.ini
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 21, 2019 10:00PM

Hi
Quite simply always use the wampmanager menus to edit PHP.ini

This will edit the version of PHP.ini that is used by PHP under Apache.

If you edit the PHP.ini in wamp/bin/PHP/phpx.y.z/PHP.ini that file is used only by the PHP CLI

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 21, 2019 10:08PM

Thanks for your answer! And what about the file "php.ini-production" can i copy the file contents to phpForApache.ini without problems?

Date: March 21, 2019 10:13PM

Why would you want to do that?
What are you trying to achieve by that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 21, 2019 10:38PM

I don't remember where exactly read it, but it was the first time i installed WampServer and inside a file was written that if you need to use WampServer for production you have to rename "php.ini-production" to "php.ini, because the parameters inside the file are optimal for this type of environment and not for development. (there is another file called "php.ini-development"winking smiley.

Date: March 21, 2019 10:49PM

Please remember WampServer is intended as a single seat development tool.

While it could be used as a live webserver, a simple copy of a set of prod settings for PHP does not make it fit for production.

Also we do not support WampServer when used as a production environment.

I may also add that running any web server on a window desktop will not perform as expected as the desktop version of Windows is not configurable to allow more than a few remote connection.

Date: March 21, 2019 10:54PM

Thanks, I appreciate your comments!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.