Cannot add users in phpMyAdmin
Posted by: pdavis (---.cm-12-2a.dynamic.ziggo.nl)
Date: March 08, 2019 04:53PM

I have just installed Wampserver version 3.1.7_x86. In phpMyAdmin 4.8.4. User ROOT has 'all priviliges' but a message at the top of the screen says 'You do not have privileges to manipulate with the users!' I did find:
[github.com] but unfortunately don't understand the suggested solution about:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['DisableIS'] = true;

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cannot add users in phpMyAdmin
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 09, 2019 01:45PM

By default WAMPServer places no password on the MySQL root user account

So the login to phpMyAdmin is

Username = root
Password = <leave this blank>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 10, 2019 12:01PM

I can get phpMyAdmin to run with the ROOT user as you mention, but my problem is that I then cannot add users (with passwords) in the application (I want to simulate my external php site on my local computer for development purposes). In a previous version of WAMP I did not have this problem, but have now updated to the latest version following a complete reinstall of my whole computer. On the GitHub topic I referred to in my first message, I also read the following:

> I have the same issue running MySQL 5.6.39.
> The issue is gone after downgrading PMA from 4.8.1 to 4.7.8.

Perhaps this is the answer, but I am not sure if I can just delete everything from D:\wamp64\apps\phpmyadmin4.8.4 and install an older version there without breaking WAMP.

Date: March 10, 2019 02:42PM

Hi,

You can install multiple versions of phpMyAdmin, just like you can install multiple versions of Apache/PHP/MysQL/mariaDB

You can then run the version specific to your currently selected version of MySQL from the YOUR ALIASES menu on the WAMPServer homepage. You shoudl see multiple versions of phpMyAdmin listed in that menu.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 15, 2019 02:44PM

Thank you; I seem to have been able to successfully install version 4.7.8 (pressing the Documentation icon in the top left hand corner opens the web documentation for that version). On the Users tab the message 'You do not have privileges to manipulate with the users!' has disappeared, but there is still no button to add users; I can only delete them even though ROOT has all priviledges. Furthermore I cannot add databases. On the databases tab is a red cross and a message in red: "no rights".

Date: March 15, 2019 02:52PM

Hi,

So how did you login to phpMyAdmin. I mean what username and password did you use?

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 15, 2019 04:06PM

Hi,

It seems that Wampserver is not launched as an administrator.
How do you launch Wampserver ?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: March 16, 2019 10:47AM

Hello,

By right clicking on a shortcut and then selectiong "Run as administrator"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.