2 Issues could be 1 problem - no PHPmyadmin access and Localhost8080
Posted by: JanineH (---.south.dsl.telkomsa.net)
Date: March 05, 2019 03:56PM

I need help desperately please! I was able to get in to PHPmyadmin and get into my WP site via localhost80. Long story short, unless we need a phonecall, lol, I changed from 80 to 8080 then back to 80 (as for some reason it was giving me error messages about port 80) and now when I want to log into PHPmyadmin, it says ://localhost:8080/phpmyadmin/ and obviously the page can't be reached. I manually change the URL to 80, and when I try to log in with root, password is empty, I get at the top of the login panel

Cannot log in to the MySQL server

and then

mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I'm afraid that all the work I'm doing on the WP site won't be saved in the PHPmyadmin. Can someone please help me?

Many thanks

Janine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2019 04:00PM by JanineH.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2 Issues could be 1 problem - no PHPmyadmin access and Localhost8080
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 05, 2019 04:04PM

Hi,

Ok, your description is a little confused, but can you tell us what you did between Apache and phpMyAdmin working on port 80 and then getting errors about Apache not working on port 80?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 06, 2019 11:12AM

Hi, I'm going to try my best to explain, I'm not a pro, lol. I worked on my website, then left it for a while. When I wanted to go back on, I couldn't access it at all, for some reason Apache port testing gave me this: Your Port 80 is actually used by Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0 so i changed it to port 8080. I could get on to the website, but still not phpMyAdmin with the root login, so i Googled and found how to remove that Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0 and changed it back to port 80..... but when I select phpMyAdmin on the Wamp server, it takes me directly to the url http ://localhost:8080/phpmyadmin/. Why is it still showing port 8080 when I changed it back to 80? ,

This is what Apache test port 80 read:

'FINDSTR' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'FINDSTR' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
***** Test which uses port 80 *****

===== Tested by command netstat filtered on port 80 =====

Port 80 is not found associated with TCP protocol
Port 80 is not found associated with TCP protocol

===== Tested by attempting to open a socket on port 80 =====

Your port 80 is actually used by :

Server: Apache/2.4.37 (Win64) PHP/7.2.14

--- Do you want to copy the results into Clipboard?
--- Type 'y' to confirm - Press ENTER to continue...

Gosh I hope this all makes sense....it hurts my brain :-D

Date: March 06, 2019 11:42AM

Hi,

Between your first working on your web site and your latest attempt, did you also change operating systems. I mean by that did you upgrade to Windows 10 from some other version of windows?

Also if the FINDSTR program is not there on your system, that is very strange. It is part of Windows, so nothing that WAMPServer provides. I wonder what else might be wrong with the PC that you are using??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 06, 2019 01:49PM

Hi RiggsFolly

My laptop has always been Windows 10. In my Googling, to try and sort the first problem out, I came accross forums that said I was to delete something called "Windows Environment Path" ....could that be the problem? In all honesty, I can't remember where that was...

Date: March 06, 2019 02:28PM

Ahhhhhhhh

The forums POSSIBLY said to REMOVE any WAMPServer folder FROM THE PATH.

They definitely SHOULD NOT have said to remove EVERYTHING from the PATH.

I dont suppose you kept a note of all the things that were in the PATH before you removed them???

Date: March 06, 2019 03:56PM

Ummm, unfortunately not.... so I broke it *shameface* .... What if I were to restore my laptop back to date before I did that? Or do you suggest something else?

Date: March 06, 2019 04:59PM

All I can suggest is a GOOGLE Search

Date: March 06, 2019 05:11PM

LOL..... I deserved that. Ok, will do. I realise now it's not a Wamp problem. thanks for your assistance tho.

Date: March 07, 2019 06:39AM

Hi RiggsFolly

Ok, I went back in my search history, this was the original problem. The Wamp icon was on orange, and there was a little message stating Error: C:/wamp64 or PHP in PATH... when I clicked the error, I got this message.

wamp Sorry, There is an error. It seems that a PHP installation is declared in the environment variable PATH C:\Program Files (x86)\iis express\PHP\v7.1 Wamp Server does not use, modify or require the PATH environment variable. Using a PATH on Wamp Server for PHP version is detrimental to the proper functioning of Wampserver. Press ENTER to continue...

How that happened I don't know.

This is what I followed when I was looking to search

[forum.wampserver.com]

So I deleted the PATH. If I put that path back, I think it will change my Wamp icon to Orange again. What is the right way to fix this please?

Date: March 07, 2019 10:00AM

Hi

I feel your frustration, but

First, if your wampmanager icon was orange, it indicates that one of the services (Apache, MySQL or mariaDB ) had not started. This is normally considered serious

The existance of a REFERENCE to one of the PHP versions that may exist within WAMPServer on your PATH ... DOES NOT cause the wampmanager icon to be orange. It only places a WARNING (not ERROR) message on the WAMPServer homepage.

If the thread that you reference was confusing, our sincer apologise, Oto is French, his English is very good but in this case maybe not perfect. Even if you were going to try removing everything You should have made a copy of the PATH just in case something went wrong

It SHOULD have been OBVIOUS to anyone with a modicum of sense that removing EVERYTHING from your path would have detrimental effects on the whole Windows eco-system.

Please remember, when you install a webserver and database server on your system (WAMPServer), you are agreeing to become a

- Sys Admin
- Web Admin
- Database Admin
- Database Designer
- Web Developer
- etc etc

None of the knowledge for these roles gets given to you as part of the installation of WAMPServer or any other similiar tool set. You have to earn them by hitting the manuals.

I see from this

wamp Sorry, There is an error. It seems that a PHP installation is declared in the environment variable PATH C:\Program Files (x86)\iis express\PHP\v7.1 Wamp Server does not use, modify or require the PATH environment variable. Using a PATH on Wamp Server for PHP version is detrimental to the proper functioning of Wampserver. Press ENTER to continue...

that the version of PHP that WAMPServer was WARNING you about was in fact a version that you had installed under IIS
C:\Program Files (x86)\iis express\PHP\v7.1

All that was required to remove the warning was to remove `C:\Program Files (x86)\iis express\PHP\v7.1` from the PATH.
Afterall it was a version of PHP that was not actually provided by WAMPServer and had every possibility of causing your issues when you tried to run PHP from the command line as it may very well NOT HAVE BEEN the version your were using under WAMPServer - Apache.
This is the PRIME reason why the WARNING message was added to the WAMPServer homepage in the first place

As to a solution to your problems these are just suggestions and should be thought about carefully before actioning any of them, and not in any specific order.

1. Totally re-install Windows. (THE LAST RESORT in my opinion)
2. Restore windows using the Windows 10 restore point before the mistake was made
3. copy a PATH from a VERY SIMILIAR PC you may have at Home or Office
4. If nothing available for a copy, add the obvious folders back into your PATH

Example, assuming you have a 64bit windows
C:\WINDOWS\system32;
C:\WINDOWS;
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps

and then add back things as other problems become obvious with other apps you may have.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.