orange icon
Posted by: diane599 (---.96.7.51.dyn.plus.net)
Date: January 24, 2019 12:35PM

I have an orange icon.I have just installed Wamp so that I can install Word Press and play with it. I have the following two messages showing

Too more lines in hosts
Error c:/wamp64 or PHP in PATH.

I am using Windows 10 -64 bit. Wamp 3.1.7 (64 bit), apache 2.4.37, PHP 7.2.4, SQL 5.7.24 (These all mean nothing to me!

I am a total novice at this so if any one can help please could you give me step by step instructions in easy to understand language. Thank you. Diane

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: orange icon
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 24, 2019 01:27PM

Ok so these are 2 different issues.

1. You should not have PHP on the Windows PATH. WAMPServer does not need it or want it.

2. Orange icon tells you that one of the services (Apache or MySQL or mariaDcool smiley has not started.
Look at the wampmanager menu and see which service is allowing you to START it, that is the service that is having a problem.

To be honest it sounds like you have tried to install APache/MySQL either manually of via some other tool like WAMPServer and you have not uninstalled it and therefore (probably) you have another MySQL Server running on your system

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 24, 2019 06:16PM

Hi,

> Too more lines in hosts
The hosts file is not intended for url filtering.
It seems that you use tools such as Spyboot which will write to the hosts file.
The content of the hosts files, except your VirtualHost, must be only these two lines and nothing else:
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

> Error c:/wamp64 or PHP in PATH.
You are also using a trick or thing that, without asking you, has been written a path on wamp64 or on a version of PHP in your PATH environment variable.
No path on a PHP version should be included in this environment variable.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: January 24, 2019 11:13PM

Hello thank you for your kind reply. I think I have managed to delete all the extra lines in the hosts folder now and I now have a green icon. However, I don't know what to do about the PATH environmental variable. I cannot see anything obvious to change. Please would you tell me how to do this.

Thank you
Diane

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 25, 2019 09:14AM

Hi,

Finding out where environment variables are managed in Windows 10 is not very easy.
This explanation is a translation from what I do with my Windows 10 in French. I hope you will understand.

Right-click on the Start Menu icon
System
System information
Advanced system settings
Environment variables
System variables
Choose PATH then Modify
Choose the line
--- Where it is path to wamp64 and/or PHP version
then Delete
OK - OK - OK - OK
In principle, this deletion is taken into account immediately, however, it may be necessary for you to restart the system

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: January 25, 2019 06:29PM

Voila! thank you. I had already done that and there was nothing about Wamp, but there was PHP, So I deleted that, and now perfect. Thanks again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.