Wamp 32 bit -> 64 bit
Posted by: avpman (47.199.224.---)
Date: February 26, 2019 06:59PM

I have 32 bit Wamp ver 3.13 installed on Windows 10. How do I upgrade to the 64 bit version? Do I just install on top of the 32 bit version or is it more involved? I can't find anything in the forums.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp 32 bit -> 64 bit
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 26, 2019 08:14PM

Hi,

You can have both 32 and 64 bit versions of Wampserver installed concurrently with the only restriction that only one can be started.
A new full version of Wampserver cannot and should not be installed over an existing version.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: February 26, 2019 09:22PM

Thank you!
Will the current databases in the 32 bit version become accessible in the 64 bit version? Or do I have to export them from the 32 bit version and then import them into the 64 bit version?

Anything else which must be transferred?

Thanks again.

Date: February 26, 2019 09:25PM

Hi,

> Or do I have to export them from the 32 bit version and then import them into the 64 bit version?
Yes. Export/import to SQL files is the only reliable way to transfer databases between different versions of MySQL or MariaDB.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: February 27, 2019 06:46PM

Can I also export and import the "mysql" and "information_schema" databases into the 64 bit version so I don't have to setup all the users over again?

Thanks so much for your help.

Date: February 27, 2019 06:58PM

Hi,

> Can I also export and import the "mysql" and "information_schema"
No, don't! These are internal MySQL databases that are specific to each version!

Users can be exported via PhpMyAdmin, not directly into a SQL file, but can be retrieved by copying them into a txt file. Then you can create them via the MySQL console.

Date: February 27, 2019 07:11PM

I'm a little confused. When I go into phpadmin, users tab there is an export option which provides several formats, including SQL & text. If I export as text ill the export also contain privileges and passwords? Or is there an easier way to migrate the users and their privileges and passwords?

Date: February 27, 2019 08:32PM

Hi,

You know, we're not omniscient here. You perform tests with different options and look at the results.

And, PhpMyAdmin, just like Apache, PHP or MySQL has documentation that is not prohibited to consult. RTFM.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.