Looking for this topic...
Posted by: CanadaBri (204.101.102.---)
Date: February 07, 2019 08:10PM

Hello All,

I have been looking for a topic - upgrading WAMP from 3.1x (or 3.x) to latest version.. in this case 3.17 at the time of this post... I don't seem to find anythying specifically that, but instead upgrade instructions where it is indicated that those instructions are specific to upgrading WAMP 2 to WAMP 3.

Still searching, but if there is such info posted, could you post a link pls?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for this topic...
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 07, 2019 08:47PM

Hi,

There is no upgrade for 2 to 3, see Install a new release of Wampserver

There is a possible upgrade from 2.5 to 3.0.3, see WAMPserver 3 - All you need to know

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: February 07, 2019 08:55PM

Thanks - what I was looking for was upgrade instructions for 3.1.x to latest version.

Do you just run the latest WAMP exe and install over top?

(my first post was indicating I could only find info pertaining to the 2 stream...)

Date: February 07, 2019 09:00PM

.. or is keeping WAMP 3.x up to date just a matter or running the latest wampserver3_x86_x64_update3.x.x.exe and that will update everything?

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 07, 2019 09:18PM

Hi,

Given the speed at which you respond, you have not read the links I gave you earlier.
However, the answer to your question is written there:

UPDATES
-- Wampserver update 3.1.7 32/64 bit x86_x64 (Cumulative Update.)
You are strongly encouraged to apply this update. This is a cumulative update. There is no need to apply the old updates 3.0.1 to 3.1.6 before applying 3.1.7. This update will be required to install the latest Apache, PHP, MySQL or MariaDB addons.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.