Initial Problems Trying to Test Out a WordPress Script
Posted by: lameLiekJeffK (---.lightspeed.snantx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 25, 2018 02:42AM

Windows 10 Pro 1803 64 bit
WampServer Version 3.1.4 64bit

Apache 2.4.35 Port **- PHP 7.2.10
MySQL 5.7.23 Port ****
MariaDB 10.3.9 Port ****
PHP 5.6.38 for CLI (Command-Line Interface)

I am not sure if the port is sensitive information as I am fairly newish to this, so I'll leave it out.

My hosts file has a variety of things intent on preventing Windows from doing things I am not okay with, from Spybot Anti Beacon. Probably most of the stuff listed on there is outdated and not helping my privacy anymore. Kind of forgot about it all, tbh. There is also some blocks on updating software that I don't' want to update. There there is this:

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

So, when I try to run www/wordpress/wp-admin/install.php (and all the files from the latest WP 4.9.8 extracted to wordpress, I get [pastebin.com]

Now I realize thats a WP error, but it saying the my PHP is not set up.

I have a green indicator. I have access to phpmyadmin. I can open localhost, but if I try to click on project folder www/wordpress, "we're having trouble finding that site" is what prints.

---

thanks for the help. I thought Id come here before going to WP since this is my first project on this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Initial Problems Trying to Test Out a WordPress Script
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 25, 2018 09:17AM

Hi,

For local sites, CMS and web applications, you MUST do as all hosting providers do, i.e. use VirtualHost.
See The need for Virtual Host and Wampserver 3 - Create or add a VirtualHost

On the other hand, the hosts file is not intended for url filtering. It is a local DNS.
Whether you want to use it for that, it's your problem but it's not that of a web/php server like Wampserver.

Please : READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.