Cannot Access phpmyadmin from Chrome
Posted by: TheoKondak (---.64-178-91.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be)
Date: January 19, 2019 12:16PM

Greetings to the community. I am trying to setup a new wordpress website, using wamp 3.1.7 64bit on Windows 10 Pro. I've worked with wamp in the past, and had no problems. Today I've updated wamp from v3.0.6 (first uninstalled, rebooted, then installed new version. Now i try to see if everything works, and I found out that i cannot login to phpmyadmin from chrome. I am able to do so via Firefox or the CLI, but chrome refuses to accept the username and password. It will not even return an error message. It just refreshes the page. Any idea why this might happen?

Thank you!

Re: Cannot Access phpmyadmin from Chrome
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 19, 2019 03:18PM

Hi,

I dont have a problem logging into phpMyAdmin using Chrome and WAMPServer 3.1.7. I assume you are using the standard phpMyAdmin that comes with WAMPServer and not "Chrome MySQL Admin"

Have you looked at the php error log? Have you tried doing this while the Chrome Developer Tools is running?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: timburkart (---.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 29, 2019 08:20PM

So my Chrome login problem started after I installed SSL. Works on other browsers... I discovered today that I can login with Chrome on my SSL port, 8083 but not my unsecure port, 8080. Weird.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 29, 2019 08:34PM

Hi,

http is port 80
https is port 443

Why do you use ports 8080 and 8083 ?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 30, 2019 11:17AM

If you had been keeping up with Google and Chrome, they are trying to encourage the universe to move to ssl for every site

See a google search on "chrome and unsecure sites"

Basically it is Chrome trying to protect you from yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.