Wordpress - Update Failed: Download failed. No working transports found
Posted by: merb (---.slkc.qwest.net)
Date: January 10, 2019 08:06PM

1 - Windows version used (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit) - Windows 10 Home 64bit
2 - Version WampServer (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit) - 3.1.6 64
3 - Apache Version - 2.4.23
4 - PHP Version - 7.2.13
5 - MySQL Version - 5.7.14
5a - MariaDB version if applicable
6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar) - Green

Hi

I recently downloaded PHP 7.2.13 and everything seems to work except Wordpress will not let me update plugins, it shows the error Update Failed: Download failed. No working transports found

If I swop to a previous version 7.1.25 / 7.0.10 then plugins can be updated without a problem.

I did some research and this seems to be an extension problem, specifically openssl but this is marked as running if I check in the php menu.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wordpress - Update Failed: Download failed. No working transports found
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 10, 2019 08:50PM

Hi,

It is an évidence, your version of WordPress and/or the extension is not compatible with PHP 7.2.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: January 10, 2019 09:27PM

Thanks for the quick reply Otomatic.

I know Wordpress works with 7.2 so my guess is something to do with the extension. Anyone come across this problem and found a solution? I know from looking at the php.ini file that the way extensions are specified changed in 7.2, not sure if that's got anything to do with the problem.

Thanks

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 10, 2019 09:32PM

Hi,

See errors in php_error.log file.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: January 11, 2019 02:50AM

Found these in error log:

[10-Jan-2019 17:05:48 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'curl' (tried: d:/wamp64/bin/php/php7.2.13/ext/curl (The specified module could not be found.), d:/wamp64/bin/php/php7.2.13/ext/php_curl.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
[10-Jan-2019 17:05:48 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'ldap' (tried: d:/wamp64/bin/php/php7.2.13/ext/ldap (The specified module could not be found.), d:/wamp64/bin/php/php7.2.13/ext/php_ldap.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
[10-Jan-2019 17:05:48 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'openssl' (tried: d:/wamp64/bin/php/php7.2.13/ext/openssl (The specified module could not be found.), d:/wamp64/bin/php/php7.2.13/ext/php_openssl.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0

Date: January 11, 2019 05:07AM

Fixed! I downloaded the latest Apache 2.4.37 and everything now works fine.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.