print spooler no working after install - also have to re-enter UN & PW on some apps so far
Posted by: james-hksports (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: January 10, 2019 01:46AM

I just installed Wamp. Within moments the printers all stopped working after install. I restored my PC to an earlier version just before the install today, Updated the windows 10 to the newest version and still not working. I can start the print spooler but then it stops again.

While my computer was starting up I tried a test page from a notepad file and it printed. Then once full startup was complete - nothing. I can see my printers in the devices. They are all stopped.

The login was with CorelDraw - It required me to reenter my username and password. I haven't done a lot of other trouble shooting as of yet - just trying to get my printers working.

I have since uninstalled wamp and I'm now trying to restore to an earlier date a week ago.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: print spooler no working after install - also have to re-enter UN & PW on some apps so far
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 10, 2019 09:17AM

Hi,

The installation of Wampserver has absolutely nothing to do with the print spooler, nor with any print drivers.

The installation creates a folder (c:\wamp\ or c:\wamp64\) in which the files are copied and an uninstall key is created in the registry and that's it. It has nothing to do with printing.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.