My Wampserver Icon is Green But...
Posted by: FedUp2018 (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: January 05, 2019 04:05AM

Something happened to my wampserver a few months ago it worked fine and then boom...it quit! I downloaded Wampserver 3.1.4 and finally got it to turn green. But problem is it didn't allow me to create a DB or anything???

I have looked all over today for fixes and none has worked... some videos you cannot even understand a word they are saying my wordpress is installed etc. I have checked and made sure all services was installed and on.

I am so tired of messing with this.... I have Windows 7 32bit.
Anyone can tell me how to be able to get it working????
Fedup2018 (Trish)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Wampserver Icon is Green But...
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 05, 2019 09:07AM

Hi,

Please READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

> But problem is it didn't allow me to create a DB or anything???
Please explain in detail exactly what your problem is.
Creating a database is not the responsibility of Wampserver.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: January 06, 2019 01:44AM

I already looked at the main information to checking and making sure I have all Visual Basic's and I do one will not allow me to install the x64 on my system 32bit.

What I was trying to say was after Wamp gets done installing all lights are on and have a green Icon... all services are on and installed. When I try to go to localhost its just a blank page and so isn't phpmyadmin there isn't anything to look at lol...

localhost/phpmyadmin/ but if there is nothing there I cannot create a DB...
Fedup2018 (Trish)

Date: January 06, 2019 09:24AM

Hi,

> and I do one will not allow me to install the x64 on my system 32bit.
It makes sense that it is totally impossible to install any 64-bit applications on a 32-bit system.

And you still haven't answered to READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: January 07, 2019 10:31AM

Hi,

> PHPMYADMIN 4.0.10.14
This is not the version that is installed with Wampserver 3.1.4 and I'm afraid it won't work with PHP 7.3.0.
PhpMyAdmin 4.0.10.14 support PHP 5.3.x
PHP 7.2 is only supported from PhpMyAdmin 4.7.4

Install PhpMyAdmin 4.8.4

In the link given above (READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION), you are not asked to ping

Among the few questions you answered, about the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file, there should only be the next two lines in this file and nothing else, unless you have defined VirtualHost.
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

Date: January 07, 2019 10:48PM

Hi
Then why is there more than that??? I was telling you before the light was green from the first completed install from the newest Version of 3 and still blank pages.
I did the ping to show you that there is no lost packets... regardless if that was asked for, I did that mainly to see if that would help you.
Now, I had the version of PHP which came with the Version 3 of Wamp it installed fine and it then all lights was green... so, I went to the page you asked me to go to, and I did the updates, and all installed fine no problems. It told me on a few of them to go to the Wamp menu and choose, example : php, ver and it was listed so I clicked on it and the light still was and still is green. Apparently it does work with it... otherwise it seems there would be a service not working???
I did exactly like it said do, and the pages are still blank??
Version 2 was so much better and installed fine no issues...just one day it wouldn't work..
I did answer all questions which pertained to my problem...Look, I am a beginner just like 3/4's of the people who uses this forum. I am not applying for a programmers jpb, in order to get something fixed, instead of blank pages....I applied the updates and the LIGHTED ICON is GREEN still ..
I provided plenty of information for you to be able to tell me how to fix this problem. If, you are going to help me that is wonderful, if not then tell me... I have seen plenty of posts here which gives solutions to their problems without having to do all you are asking me to provide.
This response is not to be ugly or disrespectful but just to clarify some information.!

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 07, 2019 11:31PM

Just checking here...

As WAMPServer 3.1.6 is not a full release, but only an update to a full release, did you in fact install WAMPServer 3.1.4 (the newest full release) before updating 3.1.4 to 3.1.6?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: January 08, 2019 12:14AM

Hi
Yes and then I found the 3.1.6 and it said not to install over any previous versions so I removed the 3.1.4 and installed the version 3.1.6 version. So, what do I need to do now???

Trish

Date: January 08, 2019 01:15AM

No you should install 3.1.4 and then install the upgrade 3.1.6.
This probably explains your issues.

Run the WAMPServer uninstall. then manually delete and wamp folder that may be left.

The install 3.1.4 and aftre you prove that works, install the upgrade 3.1.6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: January 08, 2019 01:38AM

So the people who have help pages was wrong is saying to install both 32 / 64 bit I am taking??
Ok, I will try that and see if that helps so I uninstall newest version 3.1.6 and remove wamp folder then reinstall 3.1.4 and then update the newest version over it...
Ok I'll try that and let you know
Thanks
Trish (FedUp2018)

Date: January 08, 2019 03:36AM

Ok,
I unistalled 3.1.6 and and then reinstalled 3.1.4 and localhost page came up and the phpmyadmin but, when I try to go to my root folder it says this page cannot be displayed???

I'm kind of scared to reinstall the 3.1.6 though, but will it fix the above problem??? And, when I do try do I have to reinstall the updates to 3.1.6 again???
Trish

Date: January 08, 2019 09:22AM

Hi,

You must use VirtualHost for your local websites:
See The need for Virtual Host and Wampserver 3 - Create or add a VirtualHost

Date: January 08, 2019 10:13AM

Hi Trish,

Ok so you are a bit confused. Let me try and explain.

If you have a 32 bit Operating system, then you must install ONLY the 32bit MSVC Runtime libraries. 64bit code will not run on a 32bit operating system.

These libraries are required because Apache and PHP make use of them as both those are compiled using the Microsoft Visual C/C++ compiler.
You need all of them, because different versions of Apache/PHP are compiled with different versions of Visual C compiler and the relevant library must be there to support code compiled with the relevant compiler version

First run the runtime library checker which can be found on Oto's Backup repo and is called Checks VC++ packages installed down near the bottom of the page.

Then if the above reports missing MSVC Runtimes download "All VC Redistribuable Packages (x86) (32bits)" from right at the bottom of the page. Unzip the download and then run EACH ONE in version number order.
If you receive a message saying that the version is already installed, press the REPAIR button toensure a) it is installed and b) it is the correct version that is installed.

Why do you need them all
Well thats because WAMPServer can switch between multiple versions of Apache and PHP, so we strongly suggest you install ALL OF THEM so if you switch versions of Apache/PHP the runtime that new version may require WILL BE THERE.

Now you are ready to install WAMPServer.

If you had to install any of the MSVC runtimes I suggesr you uninstall WAMPServer, delete the wamp fodler and start the install again. Install WAMPServer 3.1.4.

Now try and use it to ensure this version is working.
- Launch WAMPServer
Using the WAMPManager icon's in the System Tray do
- left click wampmanager -> localhost

You should see the WAMPServer home page.

Now try phpMyAdmin, do
- left click WAMPManager -> phpMyAdmin
You should see the phpMyAdmin login page.
- Enter Username=root and leave the Password field empty. Then press the GO button

You should now see the phpMyAdmin tool's homepage. you can just press the littel logout icon in the top left of phpMyAdmin now.

Please let me know how this goes, and then we will attempt to the upgrade to WAMPServer 3.1.6

Date: January 11, 2019 07:32PM

Hi
Sorry I wasn't able to get on and answer this.... Ok all works except when I click on my project I get this page cannot be displayed. But I am in phpmyadmin that did great.... just the problem of my project not loading???

Trish

Date: January 11, 2019 07:57PM

Hi,

Reread my previous answer about VirtualHost.

Date: January 13, 2019 02:16AM

Hi
Man I forgot to do that... but I have 3 projects do I need to use the virtual host once or for each???
Trish

Date: January 13, 2019 06:28AM

Hi
Ok I did the virtualhost but now they won't come up period.... they was but not now since I created the virtualhost????
Trish (Fedup2018)

Date: January 13, 2019 09:08AM

Hi,

What are the contents of the files:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.37\conf\extra\httpd-vhosts.conf

What is the result of:
Right-Click Wampmanager tray icon -> Tools -> Show the VirtualHost examined by Apache

And you still haven't answered to READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.