Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Still struggling to install
Posted by: brothersamati (---.20-2.cable.virginm.net)
Date: January 02, 2019 05:37AM

I posted earlier about problems installing bits and pieces of VC+++. I failed to understand the answer, which directed me to "WAMPServer backup repo", whatever that is. I can't find it via Google.

The checking tool that identified the missing parts ended with an apparent invitation to save the log as a file. If that means a text file that can be copied and pasted, it would solve my problem, but the instruction for saving, if any, was off the bottom of the screen.

Can it be converted to a text file, and if so, can anyone tell me how?

Or alternatively, tell me where the "backup repo" can be found?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Still struggling to install
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 02, 2019 08:59AM

Hi,

In a previous answer, RiggsFolly gave you the link!

See the WAMPServer backup repo

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: January 02, 2019 09:46AM

Thank you smiling smiley Don't know why I failed to spot it as a link. Eyesight, I suppose.

I started working my way through the repair list, and at item 8 got the message "install.res.????.dll

Does that mean anything to anyone?

I should emphasise that I'm well out of my depth here. Assume I know nothing.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 02, 2019 10:37AM

If the list shown by the Checker is that long we can assume you are missing almost ALL the required MSVC Runtime libraries.

So I would suggest that you download the "All VC Redistribuable Packages (x86_x64) (32 & 64bits)" from the Backup WAMPServer repository

This is a zip file containing ALL the installs for all the possible MSVC Runtimes you require.

Unzip it, then run each install ONE AT A TIME in a logical version order (oldest first). Install both the 32bit AND 64bit Runtimes please.

When you get to any versions of the Runtimes that are installed on your system you will be offered an option dialog, pick the REPAIR option when this happens.

This will make sure you have all the required runtimes.

Once these are ALL installed, Uninstall WAMPServer, and then manually remove the `\wamp64` folder from your disk. Then install WAMPServer again.
This is because the install process also requires some of these runtimes to complete correctly, so a total reinstall is the safest option to ensure a full and complete installation.

Note The first Dialog from the install actually tells you to STOP the install and Check that these runtime are installed before continuing!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: January 02, 2019 01:32PM

Thank you. I did all that, and the checker found all VC+++ bits installed.

I went through the list of preliminaries. The one thing I didn't do was delete a php.ini file that was in the Program Files folder of my ecommerce website software. I lacked the courage to do it.

I installed WAMP. It placed a pink shortcut on the desktop and an icon in the whatever-is-tray that was initially red, but as I clicked on it went progressively yellow, then green. It is now green.

However, when I click on it, all I get is a brief appearance of something that looks like an empty cmd window.

Date: January 02, 2019 01:52PM

There are 2 menus

left click the icon to get one and right click on the icon to get the other.

Do you see these popup menus?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: brothersamati (---.dods.co.uk)
Date: January 02, 2019 02:32PM

I get the two menus. Double-clicking on either of them bring up About. That's as far as it goes.

I've discovered there are two old folders on :C, one called WAMP and the other WAMPx64_old. Could they be interfering?

Date: January 02, 2019 03:27PM

That was a SINGLE CLICK not a double click

Are those other folders causing problem? Not if you installed WAMPServer properly and completely. They will have been superceeded by the last install.

Date: January 02, 2019 03:42PM

Hi,

> I get the two menus. Double-clicking on either of them bring up About.

See wamp(64)/instructions_for_use.pdf

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: January 02, 2019 04:10PM

Single click also opens both menus, but gets me no further. I tried clicking on Start All Services, with no visible result. I then tried double click to see if it would fare better.

I can think of just one possible hitch in the installation process. I tried designating Firefox as browser but failed and went back. I assumed that WAMP would in those circumstances revert to default and use IE. Could I be wrong about that?

Date: January 02, 2019 04:49PM

Date: January 03, 2019 08:42AM

Yesterday I found that Avast had blocked Apache. I've tried adding WAMP to exclusions, which hasn't solved the problem. Can you advise me of the path, within WAMP to Apache?

Date: January 03, 2019 08:44AM

Sorry, that's WAMP 3.1.4 64 bit. Windows 7.

Date: January 03, 2019 08:57AM

Hi,

The entire Wamp installation folder must be excluded.

As I have already expressed several times, I have classified Avast as a "Rogue" (a fake security software).
Because of its too many false positives (I remember that one day it deleted more than 20 programs I had written, and without asking for confirmation).
Due to repeated absences of responses when false positives are reported.
Because of the considerable slowdowns it causes, and the enormous resources of the machine consumed unnecessarily.
Because of its intrusive replays to buy or renew the subscription.
Due to nasty default add signature in mails and newsgroups.

I no longer count the problems it caused in users: accounting that was no longer working; Pay blocked; Sharing services unintentionally disabled; Function of missing software; Partially destroyed database servers, and so on.

And you didn't answer the questions.

Concerning AVAST, some will answer that it is used by millions, to which I would answer what Coluche had said, see my signature.

Date: January 03, 2019 12:05PM

Thank you.

I don't know whether, in view of the above, you will want to assist me further. Perhaps my best course now is, having rectified a few things, to try uninstalling/reinstalling.

As to answers, here is a list that I put together last night, in a state of exhaustion. Numbers refer to paragraphs in your READ document.

Trying to install WAMP 3.1.4. 64 bit on Windows 7 64 bit.

06. There was a php.ini in the Programme Files for my ecommerce software. I hadn't deleted it prior to installing WAMP. I now have.

07. Search didn't find my.ini, but a post-installation hunt through folder :C/Wamp did find it. It's now deleted, but wasn't at time of

installation.

08. IIS was unchecked.

09. 127.0.0.1 localhost was present.

Check for IPv6 negative.

10. I see nothing in Avast application settings about wamp* files. However, under "Apps recently managed by your Firewall" Apache is

shown as blocked. I don't know how to unblock it.

11. None of them installed.

12. Can't interpret logs

13. No event viewer errors naming Wamp, Apache or SQL

14. Avast firewall. Port 80 allowed. No mention of 3306.

In Avast apps recently managed, Apache HTTP Server blocked. Don't know how to unblock it. Because I can't find the file "Apache HTTP

Server"

15. I hadn't carried out this step (removing services wampapache(64) and wampmysqld(64). Mea culpa.

16. I am 64-bit.

I hadn't run 3.1.6 32/64 bit x86_x64 (Cumulative Update.) I assumed .exe file downloaded today would be up to date.

17. Have not had message "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server

Don't understand subsequent instructions.

Date: January 03, 2019 04:36PM

Hi,

That's not what you were asked to do!

It is this: (I repeat) READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

> I hadn't run 3.1.6 32/64 bit x86_x64 (Cumulative Update.) I assumed .exe file downloaded
> today would be up to date.
No. See the name of the file you downloaded : wampserver3.1.4_x64.exe or wampserver3.1.4_x86.exe

Posted by: brothersamati (---.consumer-pool.prcdn.net)
Date: January 03, 2019 06:21PM

Sorry, I'm struggling with eyesight and old age. I got sidetracked into Troubleshooting and everything I need to know.....

Trying again.

1. Windows 7 Professional 64 bit sp1
2. WAMP 3.1.4_x64.exe
3. Apache 2.4.35 Port 80-
4.PHP 7.2.10
5. MySQL 5.7.23 Port 3306
6. MariaDB 10.3.9 Port 3307
PHP 5.6.38 for CLI (Command-Line Interface)

Task try icon is green.

I assume Wampmanager is accessed via its .exe file, which only yields a brief glimpse of a cmd-type empty window.

Event viewer lists 8 warnings yesterday related to MySQL, all of them ID 100.

Active hosts listed are:

192.168.1.13 mp4001
192.168.1.10 QNAP
192.168.1.14 aficio2022
::1 localhost

(in addition to Spybot's list of blocked sites, which I don't imagine you want).

8. I don't know where to look for localhost (Homepage WampServer)

9. I don't know where to look in phpmyadmin.

11. Avast Internet Security

12. :C/Wamp64

13. None.

Date: January 03, 2019 06:35PM

Hi,

> Sorry, I'm struggling with eyesight and old age.
You probably can't imagine that I experienced the D-Day landing, so I'm not very young either.

You clean up your hosts file to leave only the next two lines and nothing else.
And you disable SpyBot. The hosts file is absolutely not intended for url filtering, that's what browsers are for.
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost
There may be additional lines, but only if you use VirtualHost.

If you don't know if you have access to localhost and PhpMyAdmin, you may wonder why you installed Wampserver.
The main explanatory lines are in the file wamp(64)\instructions_for_use.pdf

I note once again that users who have problems, as if by coincidence, also use AVAST.
This reinforces my opinion that AVAST is just a piece of shit.

Posted by: brothersamati (---.consumer-pool.prcdn.net)
Date: January 03, 2019 07:43PM

I salute you. Sincerely. I was 6 at the time.

Afraid I've failed to find wamp(64)\instructions_for_use.pdf

You could be right about Avast. I'm wondering if I should install Linux on a laptop and try and get LAMP on it. It can't be harder than this.

Date: January 03, 2019 08:05PM

You could also consider removing AVAST and using a less annoying and faulty Firewall.

That is probably simpler than installing Linux and etc etc

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.