DB create: No tables found in database
Posted by: WampNew (---.prod-infinitum.com.mx)
Date: January 02, 2019 04:42AM

Hello,

I am new to WAMP and MySQL. I had installed WAMP and had it running as localhost on my computer for a bit. Then I tried to change the domain name of my local website by first changing the name of the folder WAMP64/WWW/WEBSITE, then in Wordpress setting, and later by deleting the WEBSITE folder and installing wordpress again. Unfortunately since I did this, I cannot create a new database in phpMyAdmin anylonger:

When creating a database under tab "Databases":
- inserting a "Database name" and "Collation"
- Click "Create Database"
I get the error message "No tables found in database".

Since I am new to WAMP I would appreciate your help and detailed steps how i can fix this.

Thank you already.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DB create: No tables found in database
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 02, 2019 10:43AM

Hi

This is not a WAMPServer issue.

We provide WAMPServer for people to learn to use Apache/PHP/MySQL/maiaDB. Once WAMPServer is up and running it is up to you to learn how to use all these components.

Question: Did you delete the old database?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2019 10:48AM by RiggsFolly.

Date: January 02, 2019 04:15PM

Hi RiggsFolly,

thanks for your response. Indeed, I am trying to learn how to use it. Do you have any alternative forums/ sources where I should look?

Yes, I might have deleted the old database. In which folder are the databases stored normally?

Thanks again.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 02, 2019 04:47PM

Hi,

> In which folder are the databases stored normally?
wamp64/bin/mysql/mysql5x.y.z/data/

But deleting the folder corresponding to the database is not the right method.
You must delete a database via a database manager such as PhpMyAdmin or Adminer in order to delete any reference to that database in MySQL itself.

For example, database names and settings are stored, among other things, in the db table of mysql database itself.

If you delete the database folder directly, you do not delete references to that database in MySQL.

You have proceeded in the wrong way, especially with WordPress, which cannot be changed location in a simple way, since some of the information in its url is entered in the database.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: January 02, 2019 05:07PM

Hi,

If you deleted the folder directly without deleting the database in MySQL, there is still a method that should work to delete it in MySQL.
Open the MySQL console:

Left-Click -> MysQL -> MySQL Console Click OK for root
At Enter Password: Type your password for root or hit Enter if no password

At the mysql> prompt type:

SHOW DATABASES;

to see if the database you want to delete exists

then type

DROP DATABASE databasename;

In the example I have a database nammed fortesonly
Enter password: **************
Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 77
Server version: 5.7.24 MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql> SHOW DATABASES;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| agb                |
| aviatechno         |
| faqfra             |
| fortestonly        |
| mysql              |
| performance_schema |
| phpmyadmin         |
| sys                |
| test               |
+--------------------+
10 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> DROP DATABASE fortestonly;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> SHOW DATABASES;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| agb                |
| aviatechno         |
| faqfra             |
| mysql              |
| performance_schema |
| phpmyadmin         |
| sys                |
| test               |
+--------------------+
9 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2019 05:40PM by Otomatic.

Date: January 02, 2019 06:10PM

Thank you Otomatic.

It worked to delete the database, however when creating a new database I still get the error message :"No tables found in database."

Is there an option to cleanly remove WAMP, MYSQL, etc. so I can have a fresh start? Because before I made the manual change everything worked just fine.

Date: January 02, 2019 08:38PM

Hi,

The procedure I will give you will remove all the tree structure of Wampserver, including the local database and site. There will be nothing left of your Wordpress installations.

- 1 - Start the uninstallation of Wampserver by using the shortcut in the Start menu.

- 2 - Check that the installation folder has been deleted in its entirety, otherwise delete the folder manually.

- 3 - With the services manager check there is no services with the name beginning with wamp....
Otherwise, note the names of the wamp services... to delete them via a command window opened as administrator and by the commands: sc delete servicename

- 4 - Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

- 5 - Once there, a machine restart won't hurt.

- 6 - Install, as administrator (Right-click on the executable and run as administrator) Wampserver 3.1.4 32 or 64 bit depending on your system. With Windows 64 bit it is better to install Wampserver 64 bit.

- 7 - Do not launch Wampserver immediately after installation.

- 8 - Apply Update 3.1.6 to your version of Wampserver
Wampserver update 3.1.6

- 9 - Now you can run Wampserver and check that everything is working properly BEFORE you start installing Wordpress.

- 10 - Wordpress, like all CMS and WEB applications must be installed in a VirtualHost and it must exist BEFORE installing Wordpress.

- 11 - Always BEFORE installing Wordpress, read the two links below to familiarize yourself with VirtaulHost and how to create them with Wampserver.
See The need for Virtual Host and Wampserver 3 - Create or add a VirtualHost

- 12 - Install Wordpress in the VirtualHost you created according to the links above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2019 09:07PM by Otomatic.

Date: January 03, 2019 04:10PM

Hi Otomatic,

Thank you very much for the detailed advice. I followed your steps, and even reinstalled Windows completely. Unfortunatelly the same issue remains, when creating a new database it says 'No table found'.

Is there any other advice you can recommend? Also since I realize its not an issue of WAMP, but probably rather MySQL are there any other forum you could recommend?

Thank you again.

Date: January 03, 2019 04:15PM

How are you creating the new database.

Please specify SPECIFICALLY

- what you are doing when this happens!
- what you are using when this happens!
- i.e.
- - MySQL command line
- - phpMyAdmin
- - WordPress
- - WordPress Install

Currently we are going round and round the mulberry bush and getting nowhere fast

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2019 04:18PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: January 03, 2019 04:22PM

Hi Otomatic,

Thank you very much for the detailed advice. I followed your steps, and even reinstalled Windows completely. Unfortunatelly the same issue remains, when creating a new database it says 'No tables found in database'.

Is there any other advice you can recommend? Also since I realize its not an issue of WAMP, but probably rather MySQL are there any other forum you could recommend?

Thank you again.

Date: January 03, 2019 04:44PM

Let me try to be as specific as possible, since you are right we are going round and round currently. Hopefully below details help.

System:
-WAMPSERVER 3.1.6
-PHPMYADMIN 4.8.3

Steps I take:
1. Start WAMP and wait until icon is green
2. Open PhpMyAdmin
3. Login PhpMyAdmin: user: "root", password: "", Server choice: "MySQL"
4. Go to tab "DATABASES"
5. Insert database name: "SFdatabase", language choice: "Collation", click "Create"
6. PhpMyAdmin moves to tap "Server: MySQL:3306 »Database: SFdatabase"
7. ERRORMESSAGE shown "No tables found in database", Promptmessage shown "Create table"

Here I stop, since the database creation did not work. I do not go further to install wordpress, since I already know I do not have the needed database. Also I did not type any MySQL command lines.

Date: January 03, 2019 05:20PM

THATS NOT AN ERROR .... THATS A STATEMENT OF FACT!

All you have done is create a database. A database is a container for Tables. You have not created any tables yet!!!

Now proceed to install WordPress and when you tell it the database name, WORDPRESS will create the tables it requires in this database for you assuming you give the config step this database name.

Can I repeat we are not here to teach you how to use WordPress or ANY OTHER of the 1,000's of possible CMS's or Framework's that exist out there. We also do not teach or provide tutorials for Apache/MySQL/mariaDB or PHP We only provide support for WAMPServer itself. Once the wampmanager goes green it is up to you to learn all these things from the manuals provided by the poeple who write and maintain these things.

Now you have installed a Web Server and a database you have committed to become a:

System Administrator
Database administrator
Database Designer
Web Administrator
Web Developer
Web Designer
Security Analyst
etc etc

These things take time to learn, but there are manuals and tutorials aplenty out there on the web

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2019 05:33PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: January 03, 2019 07:54PM

RiggsFolly, it is a very rude way to respond. Anyway, if it does not work, then I have to look for an alternative. Which is a pity, since I did like the solution when it did work. Now since it is a free product there is certainly only so much you can expect ...

Date: January 03, 2019 08:02PM

What on earth are you talking about.

That message is telling you, more politely than I can manage, that as yet sir you have not created any tables in the database you just created.

It is not an error, it is purely INFORMATIONAL

It is afterall on the phpMyAdmin page that provides a mechanism to create one or more tables in the NEW DATABASE you just created.

Now you have created a Database, proceed to the WordPress install process, documented on the WordPress site and the WordPress install will create the tables it requires in that database. It will also fill some of those tables with a bit of data.

Date: January 03, 2019 08:24PM

Hi,

Have you read and followed the Wordpress installation codex?
[codex.wordpress.org]
The only thing to know is that you must create a VirtualHost on Wampserver before starting the installation procedure.

It even explains how to create the database with PhpMyAdmin, which can also be done with the MySQL Console available in Wampserver.
Create database with PhpMyAdmin : [codex.wordpress.org]

Reading everything carefully before starting the Worpress installation, it took me fifteen minutes to install it, which I had never done before.

> I get the error message "No tables found in database".
I will repeat that this is ONLY information from PhpMyAdmin and does not affect the installation of Wordpress in any way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2019 12:36PM by Otomatic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.