difficulties installing
Posted by: brothersamati (---.20-2.cable.virginm.net)
Date: January 01, 2019 04:36PM

I had WAMP 2.5 installed on Windows 7, and ran it successfully a few years ago. Today it wouldn't launch.

I uninstalled and downloaded the current WAMP. Before installing I downloaded VC+++ x64 and x86 and ran Repair. I then ran the WAMP tool for checking the presence of the VC bits and pieces. It listed nine things that were missing. At the bottom it asked me if I wanted to save the result as a file. I did, of course, but it went off the bottom of the screen, so if there was an instruction for saving I couldn't see it.

With my eyesight, copy-typing the URLs listed is out of the question. I'm stumped.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: difficulties installing
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 01, 2019 04:49PM

See the WAMPServer backup repo

Look at the bottom of the page for "All VC Redistribuable Packages (x86_x64) (32 & 64bits)"

Download and unzip this, and then install each version of the MSVC Runtimes "One by One" in a logical order of incrementing versions. Take the Repair option for any that already exists on your system.

Nowit is best to uninstall WAMPServer and then reinstall it AFFTER you have installed all the possible required MSVC runtimes (BOTH 32bit AND 64bit)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: difficulties installing
Posted by: brothersamati (---.consumer-pool.prcdn.net)
Date: January 01, 2019 05:43PM

Thank you. I'm slightly out of my depth here. Starting with "WAMPServer backup repo".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.