VirtualHost blocking download and unzipping
Posted by: Ian1999 (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: December 30, 2018 12:45AM

Hi everyone,

After following the Sticky Topics in this forum I was able to create a Virtuahost to host a project (thanks for that btw!). Everything worked until I tried to download updates while using my project. It appears that my host in its configuration is supposed to allow downloading and unzipping files. I have copied a zip file and put in the VirtualHost folder but it didn't work. I have searched in the PHP configuration but I couldn't find the exec () function which is the one I apparently need or even an unzipping button in the PHP Configuration options. I have looked at the PHP documentation but this is not mentioned. I have also searched this forum but I couldn't find anything. I'm a newbie in this so it's possible that I have missed something in my research or in the configuration.

Can someone please help with this or at least direct me towards the documentation as I cannot find anything about this?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VirtualHost blocking download and unzipping
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 30, 2018 09:27AM

Hi,

Ian1999
PHP configuration but I couldn't find the exec () function which is the one I apparently need or even an unzipping button in the PHP Configuration options. I have looked at the PHP documentation but this is not mentioned.
However, it is very easy to search and find in the official PHP documentation.
http://php.net/manual/en/
And, in the search form, you simply type "exec" (Without quotes)
To get:
http://php.net/manual/en/function.exec.php

This forum is not intended to teach you PHP or the procedures for updating your CMS or WEB applications. Consult the PHP documentation, it is very beneficial and full of examples.
For your WEB applications and their problems, check with the developers of these applications.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: VirtualHost blocking download and unzipping
Posted by: Ian1999 (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: December 31, 2018 10:10PM

Thanks Otomatic! (I have searched exec with the brackets, I think ithat's why I didn't have any results)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.