APACHE_wamp server NOT STARTING? READ THIS!
Posted by: andrewkinyua86 (---.lmdaca.adelphia.net)
Date: April 01, 2006 04:01AM

If you corrently installed your Wamp-server and Apche doesnt start, You need to Exit or Quit Skype,and turn off windows firewall, Then restart the wamp-server, and you can turn your Firewall on again after the server is working corrently. Plus if you had installed Apache before by itself from the apache site, You NEED to delete those files, coz you already have the newer version of apache on wamp-server.

Post Edited (04-01-06 04:02)

Andrew

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: APACHE_wamp server NOT STARTING? READ THIS!
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 01, 2006 05:53PM

I would also recommend that you disable all your firewalls and spyware programs when installing WAMP just to make sure things make sure things run smoothly. Sometimes firewalls and spyware programs try to prevent certain features WAMP needs to install and run correctly.

Posted by: kwebihaf (---.africaonline.co.ug)
Date: April 05, 2006 06:42PM

I had a similar problem and what i did was to check my firewall settings and delete the programs/services that were the web i.e port 80.

Also i checked in my services list and stopped the IIS Admin service.

After all that, Apache in WAMP was successfully installed

Posted by: Jimbo (160.33.20.---)
Date: April 05, 2006 08:33PM

This is not the case with Norton and Windows XP. I have to shut off the firewall inorder to use wamp, but if I turn the firewall back on, I cannot use wamp. The localhost access is instantly blocked, and I've yet to find a way to tell the Norton Utility to allow it.

Anyone have a clue as to how to tell Norton to allow localhost access, and not appear as a threat?

Thanks.
- Jimbo

[www.wire-heads.com]

Posted by: Ddave (---.ttnet.net.tr)
Date: April 06, 2006 06:12PM

Is it difficult to install directly from the apachie, php and mysql sites ?

I guess it must be or WAMP would not exist ??

I am not sure whethet to use WAMP or just get it direct from the sites ??

Please add any suggestions.

Posted by: Jimbo (---.lsanca54.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: April 07, 2006 03:16AM

Tried it. Yikes! There are like a gazillion lines of crap to read through (eg. config and initialization lines to be edited in files for each of them). Almost no testing that means a thing for each of them (and this from the support web sites.

So, if you can avoid it. Please do yourself a favor.

- Jimbo

[www.wire-heads.com]

Posted by: universalbitmapper (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: April 07, 2006 03:25PM

I have Wamp5 running with Norton Internet Security, I had to go in Options>Firewall to enter ports 80 and 8080 when installing. I got alerts windows popping up asking me to "always allow access" to Apache2.

JayBee

Posted by: Jimbo (160.33.20.---)
Date: April 08, 2006 12:48AM

Thanks UBM, I'll try to give that a go.
- Jimbo

[www.wire-heads.com]

Posted by: decko (---.atm2-0-1041193.0x50a63582.bynxx14.customer.tele.dk)
Date: April 10, 2006 04:45PM

If it doesn't work...try the thing that I mention here: [forum.wampserver.com]

Posted by: nubianinja (66.110.110.---)
Date: April 23, 2006 05:03PM

Is actually with great surprise that I read about all the installations problems. I have been fiddling around with php for close to a 6 months now. My knowledge of php has increased drastically in that time though I still consider myself a total newbie. I have tons to learn still and there is just sooo much i dont understand and know.

I have windows xp home edition on my pc. I have twice now installed wamp - different versions and each time went great from restoring all the databses and getting everything working. Only twice has a firewall pop up windows asked if I want to block or unblock wamp - i click on unblock and that was that no problems.

Though some may find bugs etc I am extremely greatful to all the people who have worked so hard at getting something like wamp together. Well done, I wish all of you great success and may you all go from strength to strength.

The one prob that I have posted here is the first time that I am experiancing a problem
and though i dont know at this stage how to fix this, i dont belive its a wamp bug.

"The flesh is willing, but the mind .... Hey who'se potato chips are these!!?"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.