Maybe a Wamp cache problem ?
Posted by: marcoff (---.w92-160.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: November 18, 2018 02:12PM

Hi,
I am working on a local developpement website with wordpress. I had a problem with a windows update issue on my computer, so now I continue on another computer. In order to not loose my work since 2 days, cause I did not export an sql file, this is what I did:
- I installed the same version of wamp
- I copied the www folder
- I copied the mysql folder (instead of importing a sql file)

Now, here is my issue :
When I start edit a page on the wordpress builder page, I got a message telling me that there is cache problem, and asking to" clear the navigator cache" (done) and "if it still happening after, please see if it is not related to your DNS/server cache".
Do you have an idea of what is happening ?
Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Maybe a Wamp cache problem ?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 18, 2018 02:35PM

Hi,

> windows update issu
Somme windows updates uninstall VC++ packages, so :

- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

- If it is not already done, apply Update 3.1.5 to your version of Wampserver
Wampserver update 3.1.5

Like all CMS or WEB applications, Wordpress must be installed in a VirtualHost, as with all hosting providers, to work properly.
See The need for Virtual Host and Wampserver 3 - Create or add a VirtualHost

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: November 18, 2018 07:55PM

Hi Otomatic,
thank you, ok I will reinstall Visual c++ packages but from the url you mentionned.
You have to know one thing : In the previous computer, all was working fine about wamp and wordpress. The issue after windows update is not about Wamp, the computer just fall down and Microsoft suggests to reinstall windows..
So, because I have a second computer, I am using the website datas I copied from the previous computer.

In the previous computer, all was the same configuration as now. Only the change is about Wamp I installed and configured, and copied the www folder and the bin/mysql folder.
Did I make something wrong copying ? (I know the best way is to export sql file, but the computer is broken to do that.

Date: November 18, 2018 08:32PM

Hi,

> Only the change is about Wamp I installed and configured,
> and copied the www folder
Only your own folders inside the wamp/www/ directory, not Wampserver's own files.

> and the bin/mysql folder.
One of the problems that may arise is that it was not the same versions of MySQL, or perhaps the same installation paths, and therefore the my.ini file that was copied does not contain the right paths; you have to check this.
If it wasn't even versions of MySQL, recovering your databases is bound to fail.
The first thing to do is to get Wampserver back up and running with its original MySQL version and green icon.
Secondly, to simplify the operation and your "repairs", you will disable MariaDB, but only once Wampserver is operational by:
Right-click -> Wamp Settings -> Allow MariaDB to uncheck it

Third, you will install a MySQL addon of exactly the same MySQL version as the one you want to recover. There are all the addons available on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net/ and clic on the button See all available versions.

When the correct version of MySQL is installed and functional (In Wampserver, we switch from one version to another by Left-click -> MySQL -> Version... choose version number) you will come back here to say so as well as if you had put a password to root and add other users.
I will then explain to you a procedure that could eventually - I mean eventually - allow you to recover your databases.
It is by going slowly that we go the fastest.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: November 18, 2018 09:15PM

Hi,
"Only your own folders inside the wamp/www/ directory, not Wampserver's own files."
Yes, you are right, I just copy my poject folder under www, but not the rest which is still here, from the wamp installation.
The MySQl version is the same as the previous computer. I am sure of that.
The root password is empty as the previous computer.

Date: November 18, 2018 10:08PM

Hi,

It is not very easy to answer because I'm not at home and I write with my Smartphone.

Before I write the procédure, to morrow, Wampserver must be fully fonctional, MySQL including (With MariaDB unactivated) and PhpMyAdmin OK

Date: November 19, 2018 09:24AM

Hi,

We will therefore assume that Wampserver works correctly with the "right" version of MySQL.
First you have to leave Wampserver and then temporarily change the way the logs are written for MySQL to make it a little more talkative.

Edit the file wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.xx\my.ini and replace :
log_error_verbosity=2
by
log_error_verbosity=3
Save the modified file.

If the databases you want to recover are on a disk or partition (even a USB key NTFS formated) accessible by a fixed drive letter from the active Wampserver, here is the procedure, otherwise, you must go through the alternative procedure.
Let's suppose that the data folder whose databases you want to recover is on a USB key and has the path :
k:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.24\data\
You must modify the same my.ini file as above, by replacing:
datadir="c:/wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.7.24/data"
par
datadir="k:/wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.7.24/data"
Beware of the slash / instead of the antislashes \ of the Windows paths and without final slash.
Save the modified file.

Launch Wampmanager and cross your fingers to start MySQL. Even if MySQL starts, it is not necessarily a sure thing.

--- Alternative procedure
- After saving them, delete all files and folders that are in the folder:
wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.xx\data\

- Copy ,to the same data folder as above, all folders and files that are in the data folder of your other version of MySQL.
--- End of alternative procedure

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2018 12:27PM by Otomatic.

Posted by: marcoff (---.w90-19.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: November 20, 2018 09:10PM

Hi,
I tried this and nothing change.
I restored my last datas saved, I give up...
But I would like to thank you and ask you something because I am curious:
What mean :
log_error_verbosity=3
?
And also I understand the nedd to, but I would like to understand what are for, the visual ++ packages ? What are their fonctions installing that version. Before last year, I have never download that packages for my projects.

Date: November 21, 2018 09:20AM

Hi,

> What mean : log_error_verbosity=3
When you changed this line (3 instead of 2) in the my.ini file, you didn't pay attention to the previous line:
;Verbosity Value  1 Errors only, 2  Errors and warnings , 3 Errors, warnings, and notes
With the value 3, there is a lot of information in the "mysql.log" file that can eventually guide the user to solve a problem.

As for the different VC++ packages, they are necessary to be able to use the different versions of Apache, PHP, MySQL or MariaDB that are compiled with Visual Studio C++ in different versions.
For example: VC6 for php 5.3.0 then VC9, VC11 for php 5.5.0, VC14 for php 7.0.0, VC15 for php 7.2.10

Posted by: marcoff (---.w90-19.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: November 26, 2018 11:09PM

Hi,
Ok thank you for that. You are very nice explaining.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.