Wamp3 install won't launch
Posted by: cirrus17 (---.lightspeed.moblal.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 16, 2018 07:00PM

I'm trying to install wampserver64 version 3 on my desktop machine. The machine is operating on fully updated Windows 10 64 bit.

I'm hoping to use WampServer with Wordpress to work a few kinks out of some web design projects before I send them live. I'm following this tutorial on how to do so: [www.wpbeginner.com]

I installed the wampserver64 pack to c:/wamp64 just fine, but there is no icon in the task bar at all and running wampmanager just prompts the machine to ask if I want to allow wamp to make changes to the PC, then brings up a command line that immediately auto-closes, and then nothing else happens.

The only programs running on the machine right now (aside from attempting to run wampserver) are Chrome and File Explorer.

Questions -
- Do I need to install PHP, Apache, and MySQL separately from the wampserver install pack? I was under the impression they were included in the program.
- I've uninstalled from add/remove applications and re-installed 3 times now; it's not an error in the install itself. What else would cause the install to work but not be able to launch the application?

Thank you for your time & patience!

Re: Wamp3 install won't launch
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 16, 2018 07:14PM

Hi,

Have you looked in the hidden icons window of the notification area?
Click the vertical chevron to the left of the notification area:

then drag and drop Wampmanager icon in the tray:

It is explained in the wamp/instructions_for_use.pdf file

The tutorial you read about installing Worpress tells you about a big mistake:
- Now open your web browser and go to 'http://localhost/mysite/'

By doing so, you expose yourself to future problems.
CMS, WEB applications, must be installed in VirtualHost, as with all hosting providers.
See The need for Virtual Host and Wampserver 3 - Create or add a VirtualHost

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2018 07:22PM by Otomatic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.