MySQL 8.0.12 64bit
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 30, 2018 07:12PM

Hi,

In the addons message of the latest versions of MySQL: 5.7.23, 5.6.41 and 5.5.61, I wrote:
Otomatic
There will be no MySQL 8.0.12 64 bit addon.
I discovered and reported a bug on version 8.0.4 RC :
https://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=90383
No options taken into account from the [wampmysqld64] section of the my.ini file.
When the official version 8.0.11 was released, then the version 8.0.12, I naively thought that the bug had been fixed, but it is not and MySQL 8.0.12, used as a service, is unusable under Windows.
An 8.0.xx addon will only be released when this bug is fixed.
The bug has not been fixed and is still present.
However, by "tweaking" I was able to create a MySQL 8.0.12 addon that works on both Windows 10 64bit and Windows 7 64bit and with Wampserver 3.1.3 64bit.
This is a "tweak" and I am not sure that all MySQL 8.0.12 features as well as the MySQL settings by Wampserver are fully functional.
If you wish, I can put this addon only on the secondary repository, with the necessary warnings

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MySQL 8.0.12 64bit
Posted by: WarriorGov9791 (---.hawaii.res.rr.com)
Date: August 01, 2018 01:51AM

Thank you for the update! I would've liked to try out MySQL 8.xx, but the current issue with the bug you reported would only create problems for me and many other devoted WAMPServer users. I would prefer to keep it off the repository until it is fixed. A stable and fully functioning version of MySQL would be much better. I am very happy at the moment with the performance of MariaDB and keep MySQL 5.7.x only as a backup.

Thanks for all you do. Keep us posted. Aloha!

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit • WAMPServer 3.2.7 64-bit
Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.4.3 • Apache 2.4.52
PHP 5.6.40 (CLI) | 7.0.33 | 7.1.33 | 7.2.34 | 7.3.33 | 7.4.27 | 8.0.15 (active) | 8.1.2 • xDebug 3.1.2
phpMyAdmin 5.1.2 • MariaDB (Default DBMS) 10.5.8 • MySQL 5.7.37 | 8.0.28
AdMiner 4.8.1 • PHPSysInfo 3.4.1 • OpenSSL 1.1.1m
Latest VC++ packages installed and verified. (VC17 2022 14.30.30708)

Date: August 01, 2018 03:05PM

Hi,

In my humble opinion, there is no risk in trying the MySQL 8.0.12 addon.
The bug is that the group options of the service name ([wampmysqld64]) of the my.ini file are not taken into account.
To overcome this problem, when installing addon 8.0.12, the my.ini file is modified:
[mysqld]
is replaced by
;[mysqld]
and
[wampmysqld64]
is replaced by
[wampmysqld64]
[mysqld]

Of course, for Wampmanager this poses a problem for the MySQL options, because the PHP function parse_ini_file() gives an empty result for the [wampmysqld64] group of the my.ini file.

To overcome this problem, the wamp64\scripts\refreshMySQL.php file is also modified when installing the MySQL 8.0.12 addon.
$mysqliniS = parse_ini_file($c_mysqlConfFile, true);
$mysqlini = $mysqliniS[$c_mysqlService];
is replaced by
$mysqliniS = parse_ini_file($c_mysqlConfFile, true);
//To correct MySQL 8.0 bug
$mysqlini = (count($mysqliniS[$c_mysqlService]) > 0) ? $mysqliniS[$c_mysqlService] : $mysqliniS['mysqld'];
which still works for MySQL 5.7.x versions

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: August 17, 2018 05:21PM

Hi,

---- Create privileges and users with MySQL console ----
--- Differences between MySQL 5.7 and MySQL 8 ----
All the following is valid for MySQL versions installed from Wampserver addons.

Note: to avoid identification problems, my users always have the three host name options :
- 127.0.0.1 (local IPv4)
- ::1 (local IPv6)
- localhost (local host name)

For MySQL 5.7.23 and earlier :
To assign a password and all rights to the root user, via the console, the commands are :
# Privileges for `root`@`127.0.0.1``
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'127.0.0.1' IDENTIFIED BY 'plaintext password' WITH GRANT OPTION;
# Privileges for `root`@`::1`
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'::1' IDENTIFIED BY 'plaintext password' WITH GRANT OPTION;
# Privileges for `root`@`localhost`
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'plaintext password' WITH GRANT OPTION;
GRANT PROXY ON ''@'' TO 'root'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION;

--- To create a user with usage rights
# Privilèges for `user name`@`127.0.0.1`
GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'user name'@'127.0.0.1' IDENTIFIED BY 'plaintext password';
# Privileges for `user name`@`localhost`
GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'user name'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'plaintext password';
# Privileges for `user name`@`::1`
GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'user name'@'::1' IDENTIFIED BY 'plaintext password';

--- To give privileges on a database to a user
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON `database name`.* TO 'user name'@'127.0.0.1';
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON `database name`.* TO 'user name'@'localhost';
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON `database name`.* TO 'user name'@'::1';

---- With MySQL 8, this has changed :
--- To assign a password and all rights to the root user, via the console, the commands are :
# MySQL 8 - # Privileges for `root`@`localhost`
ALTER USER 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'plaintext password' PASSWORD EXPIRE NEVER;
ALTER USER 'root'@'localhost' DEFAULT ROLE ALL;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION;
GRANT PROXY ON ''@'' TO 'root'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION;
# MySQL 8 - # Privileges for `root`@`127.0.0.1`
CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'root'@'127.0.0.1' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'plaintext password' PASSWORD EXPIRE NEVER;
ALTER USER IF EXISTS 'root'@'127.0.0.1' DEFAULT ROLE ALL;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'127.0.0.1' WITH GRANT OPTION;
# MySQL 8 - # Privileges for `root`@`::1`
CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'root'@'::1' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'plaintext password' PASSWORD EXPIRE NEVER;
ALTER USER IF EXISTS 'root'@'::1' DEFAULT ROLE ALL;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'::1' WITH GRANT OPTION;

--- To create a user with usage rights
CREATE USER 'user name'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH 'mysql_native_password' BY 'plaintext password' REQUIRE NONE PASSWORD EXPIRE DEFAULT ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'user name'@'localhost';
CREATE USER 'user name'@'127.0.0.1' IDENTIFIED WITH 'mysql_native_password' BY 'plaintext password' REQUIRE NONE PASSWORD EXPIRE DEFAULT ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'user name'@'127.0.0.1';
CREATE USER 'user name'@'::1' IDENTIFIED WITH 'mysql_native_password' BY 'plaintext password' REQUIRE NONE PASSWORD EXPIRE DEFAULT ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'user name'@'::1';

--- To give privileges on a database to a user
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON `database name`.* TO 'user name'@'::1';
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON `database name`.* TO 'user name'@'localhost';
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON `database name`.* TO 'user name'@'127.0.0.1';

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2018 06:35PM by Otomatic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.