Installing wamp 3 on Win server 2008 sp2
Posted by: jfc300 (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 08, 2018 03:38PM

I am testing an upgrade of an old wamp2.2 system to run newest version.
I followed the steps to install all files, backed up sql, removed services, and renamed wamp folder, and insured using ntfs.

when I try to install wamp3 on win server 2008 sp3 (32 bit) - I get a message that says "This program does not support the version of Windows your computer is running". I also get this same message when trying to run the referenced too for checking that VC++ packages are installed.

Is windows server 2008 no longer supported? if that is case, what is latest versions that do support it?

Re: Installing wamp 3 on Win server 2008 sp2
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: November 08, 2018 04:25PM

Hi

See the information in WAMPServer 3 All you need to know Specifically the information in the section about the MSVC runtimes

Basically WAMPServer has no version specific requirements, but Apache and PHP (not written by us) do.

However the doc mentioned does seem to suggest that Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 should work with the Apache/PHP provided with WAMPSevrer 3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Installing wamp 3 on Win server 2008 sp2
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 10, 2018 01:29PM

Hi,

The Windows version lower limit for Wampserver 3.1.4 installer is "6.1"

Windows 7 - 6.1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 - 6.1

Corresponding to MinVersion=6.1 in InnoSetup Compiler

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.