engine
Posted by: nadra (165.16.109.---)
Date: July 25, 2018 02:52PM

hello
I install logicaldoc software and it need mysql with default engine innodb but i installed in wamp with myisam
how can I change it to innodb
because i changed the tables from myisam to innodb but wheb i create arabic folder first appeare and afer i refresh database it returns to ????
can you help me

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: engine
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 25, 2018 04:09PM

Hi,

To make INNODB the default storage engine edit `my.ini` using the wampmanager menus

Look for the line

default-storage-engine=MYISAM

and change it to

;default-storage-engine=MYISAM

This comments out this line and allows the MySQL default which is INNODB

As to the Arabic characters, you need to make sure that your tables are correctly defined to have the required multi byte character set defined. I suggest you look this up in the MySQL Manual. There is a link in my signature, and one on the wampmanager menus

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: engine
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 25, 2018 04:34PM

Hi

Setting MyISAM as the default engine does not prevent you from creating InnoDB databases or tables.

Software that relies on default options is bad software.

The engine (ENGINE) must always be specified when creating the table.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.