could not execute menu item(internal error)[exception] could not execute run action: the directory name is invalid
Posted by: Vanda (---.0.fullrate.ninja)
Date: October 25, 2018 06:58PM

Hi,

I have this strange problem, when I try to open my offline Wamp server 2.5 (my database only works with this version):

"Aestan tray icon: could not execute menu item(internal error)[exception] could not execute run action: the directory name is invalid"

We have two computers, both Windows 8, 64 bit. I have installed wamp server and run my database on both computers, everything is exactly the same. On my husband's computer I can open the wamp localhost front page and then my project, on my own I can't now, which I have been able to earlier on. But I have to add that I have the problem of the front page address of my database to be [myproject] and not the correct localhost/myproject/index.php

I solved this problem by creating a link with the correct address, which I put in the address line after I open Wamp server.

I also have to add that I have only made changes to my database on my own computer, and not on my husband's.

I'm asking for help now, because I'm going to do a major update on my offline database and don't want to mess up things completely.

I already updated my online database. My provider had told me that they would no longer support php 5.5.12, I had to use PHP 7.2. And my "old" database version could not run with PHP 7.2, so I had to update, and it works without any problem.

So any suggestions as to what I could try to solve the issue?

Kind regards

Vanda

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: could not execute menu item(internal error)[exception] could not execute run action: the directory name is invalid
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: October 25, 2018 11:37PM

Hi,

Please read THE NEED for VIRTUAL HOSTS
and
WAMPServer 3 Create a Virtual Host, the easy way
and
TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: could not execute menu item(internal error)[exception] could not execute run action: the directory name is invalid
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 26, 2018 09:47AM

Hi,

> "Aestan tray icon: could not execute menu item(internal error)[exception] could not execute
> run action: the directory name is invalid"
This may indicate that you have changed a path or folder related to Wampserver.

It may also indicate that the wamp/wampmanager.ini file is corrupted.
There is a tool that allows you to regenerate a wampmanager.ini file and this tool also works with Wampserver 2.5
Wampmanager.ini repair
Repair tool for wampmanager.ini file if it is corrupted or missing. You can download at any time, but install this tool only if you need it, because it takes into account the current configuration of Wampserver. A wampmamanger.ini corrupted file is reflected mostly by errors like "[EparseError]" or "Could not execute run action" when launching Wampserver.

The exe file must be launched as an administrator and will install three files in your wamp folder:
readme_repair_wampini.txt
wampini_repair.bat
wampmanager.ini.repair

Read the instructions in the file readme_repair_wampini.txt

Note : The original file wampmanager.ini will be saved as wampmanager_save.ini

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: October 26, 2018 09:56AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply:-)

I've started to go through the trouble shooting. I would like to begin asking you the following:

My hosts file looks like this. Is it correct? (I have 2 databases-my system does not support IPv6):

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 project1

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 project2

Best regards

Vanda

Date: October 26, 2018 01:51PM

Hi,

Your hosts file is correct. At most, it could be said that only one time "127.0.0.1 localhost" is enough and that this should be the first line. But it's nitpicking.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2018 02:49PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: October 29, 2018 05:55PM

The repair tool didn't work, so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now it works again.

Before I reinstalled, I checked the redistributables, there were 4 that weren't on my computer, which surprised me, since I checked just about 2 months ago.

Anyway, it works now, but I have Wamp server on another computer, with my project as an exact copy. If I find that the redistributables are also missing on that computer, can I just install them without uninstalling and reinstalling Wamp? I am also thinking about future updates of redistributables.

Date: October 29, 2018 06:25PM

Hi,

> can I just install them without uninstalling and reinstalling Wamp?
Exit Wampserver before install VC++

If you are running Windows 10, some W10 updates remove VC++ installations and do not reinstall them.
Similarly, there may be data erasure in the hosts file.

For VC++ redistributable VC++, the verification tool is (almost) always up to date.

- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

Date: October 30, 2018 07:58AM

Thanks a lot for your help. The same redistributables were missing on the other computer, so I installed them too.

Best regards

Vanda

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.