PHP Files not displaying
Posted by: Kleanpc (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2006 03:57AM

Hi all,

I installed WAMP5 on a box running XP Pro sp1. All services are running. .php files will not display. My web site is up locally and on the web, if I go to [localhost], I get the following error:

Not Found

The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.1.2 Server at localhost Port 80

I have been trying to fix this for so long, if anyone can help please do! Thanks so much. Let me know if you want to see the httpd or php.ini files, but they are configured like they were from the WAMP5 install.

Thanks!!

Post Edited (03-27-06 03:58)

Re: PHP Files not displaying
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2006 07:41AM

Make sure you are not using ASP style tags, use full php style tags

Bascially, change the first part of your php script:
<?

to this:
<?php

Important note on ASP style tags from the php.net manual
[php.net]

ASP style tags are only available when they are enabled via the asp_tags php.ini configuration file directive.

Note: Using short tags should be avoided when developing applications or libraries that are meant for redistribution, or deployment on PHP servers which are not under your control, because short tags may not be supported on the target server. For portable, redistributable code, be sure not to use short tags.

Post Edited (03-27-06 07:42)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.