Reinstalling Wamp
Posted by: magicalwonders (---.plus.com)
Date: October 18, 2018 01:34PM

I'm currently using Wamp64 Version 3.1.3. In a few days I will be doing a fresh install of Windows 10 and reinstalling all my software.

I am planning on installing Wamp64 Version 3.1.4, but would also like to reinstate my current projects. If after install wamp, I copy and replace wamp64/www and wamp64/bin from my existing install, will that be enough to get my projects and databases available again?

Hope someone can confirm or advise.

Many thanks,

Myles

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reinstalling Wamp
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: October 18, 2018 02:27PM

hi

Quick question first, do you have WAMPServer installed currently on the C: drive or another drive EG D: or E:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: October 18, 2018 02:30PM

It's on my C : Drive - C:/wamp64

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: October 18, 2018 02:32PM

Ok,

Do you by any chance have another physical or logical drive like a D: drive on this system?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 18, 2018 02:37PM

Hi,

> copy and replace wamp64/www
Not the content of wamp64/www folder but only yours folders and its contents inside wamp64/www/ for example : wamp64/www/mysite1/, wamp64/www/mysite2/
All files and folders from wampserver must not be copied :
folder: wamplangues
folder: wampthemes
file: add_vhost.php
file: favicon.ico
file: index.php
file: testmysql.php
file: test_sockets.php

>and wamp64/bin
NO. NEVER
The transfer of databases between different versions of MySQL or MariaDB should be performed by EXPORT / IMPORT of SQL files using phpMyAdmin or a similiar tools of your choice.
Do not copy the data folder between different versions of MYSQL. Databases from different versions of MYSQL are VERY unlikely to be compatible! You will also destroy the version of MYSQL and the database that you copied the data folder to.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: October 18, 2018 02:54PM

@RiggsFolly, Yes, I also have drive D:/ and drive E:/ physical drives.

@Otomatic, Ok, understood. I'll just copy my sites. Create new databases and import database files for each site.

It looks like the 64bit version of Wamp now only needs Visual Studio 2012 VC 11 vcredist_x64/86.exe installed? Is that correct? My previous 32bit version needed lots of versions of Visual Studio.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2018 02:55PM by magicalwonders.

Date: October 18, 2018 03:15PM

Hi,

Before install of Wampserver:

- 1 - Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

Note: On a new Windows 10 installation there should not be many VC++ packages installed!

- 2 - Verify items 03 and 08 of TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: October 18, 2018 03:43PM

Many thanks for the links.

I downloaded the VC++ checker, and it reports that 12 packages are not installed on my PC that are needed. However, my WAMP runs fine, so the report doesn't seem to be accurate at the moment.

Date: October 18, 2018 04:28PM

Hi,

> I downloaded the VC++ checker, and it reports that 12 packages are not installed on my PC that are needed.
> However, my WAMP runs fine, so the report doesn't seem to be accurate at the moment.
Could it be that Microsoft, in its great indulgence and total disrespect for the user, no longer creates the registry keys that are supposed to indicate the installations of VC++ packages, nor the indications of the installations of these in the list of program installations? Only for the latest W10 installations?

All that is noted with 2018 as the year of installation is what I was forced to reinstall after Windows 10 updates.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2018 04:30PM by Otomatic.

Date: October 18, 2018 04:44PM

Yes, that's probably the case. Microsoft have been the bane of my life since 1988. Thanks for the screenshot and advice. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.