Apache log error
Posted by: DopeRider (---.Red-80-32-125.staticIP.rima-tde.net)
Date: March 26, 2006 09:35PM

Hi, I installed the latest version of Wamp without errors, but the Apache service needs thousands of Mb and any browser shows any main page.
In error log file there are thousands of lines like this:

[Sun Mar 26 21:18:10 2006] [error] (OS 10022)Se ha proporcionado un argumento no válido. : Child 1580: Encountered too many errors accepting client connections. Possible causes: dynamic address renewal, or incompatible VPN or firewall software. Try using the Win32DisableAcceptEx directive.

I have Windows XP SP2, windows firewall enabled but with Apache exception, and older versions of Apache, PHP and mySQL unistalled.
How can I use the Win32DisableAcceptEx directive?
Any idea?

Thanks.

Regards,
Amador

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache log error
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2006 07:20AM

Apache 2.x Docs for Win32DisableAcceptEx directive
[httpd.apache.org]

Open up your httpd.conf file and scroll down the the end of the file, and add this code:

<IfDefine AEX>
Win32DisableAcceptEx
</IfDefine>

Save the file, and then restart apache so the new httpd.conf settings will take effect. Try to access localhost again, and tell me what happens.

Date: March 27, 2006 05:46PM

Thank you very much, but nothing happens, except 400Mb of apache_error.log with the same message (only child number changes):

<<[Mon Mar 27 17:30:58 2006] [error] (OS 10022)Se ha proporcionado un argumento no válido. : Child 3468: Encountered too many errors accepting client connections. Possible causes: dynamic address renewal, or incompatible VPN or firewall software. Try using the Win32DisableAcceptEx directive.>>

This message appears in log file even if I restart Windows, disable firewall, disable antivirus (DrWeb)... Apache service "eats" lots of Mb...

I'm going to install one disk image from december with apache, php and mysql seperatelly :'-(

Thanks from Barcelona, Spain.

Regards,
Amador

Date: March 28, 2006 02:54AM

Try to post your questions in a different support forum. I am a member of a forum called DevNetwork Forums, and they have many extremely experienced uses that visit there regularly, (many that are even more experienced then myself), that should have no problem helping you out.

Forum Address:
[www.devnetwork.net]

Post your question in their Apache,IIS, Web Servers support forum.

Date: March 28, 2006 06:05PM

A lot of thanks!
I'm going to try it.

Regards,
Amador

Date: March 28, 2006 07:04PM

No problem, good luck smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.