Having trouble downloading 3.0.6
Posted by: Bobn (---.lightspeed.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 10, 2018 03:55AM

I want to install WAMP on a new computer but I'm having trouble downloading the file.

I went to [www.wampserver.com]

When I click the "WampServer 64 bits (x64) 3.0.6 " link a small window opens which begins with:

Wampserver is available for free (under the GPL license). You can fill up this form that will enable us to send you the Alter Way Training news, publishing society, as well as all the informations linked to Wapserver evolutions. If you don't wish it, you can download directly.
------------------------------------

There is no "this form" to fill up (better translation would be "fill in)

If I go to the French page, and click the link, a window is opened which contains fields to fill in.

I don't want to sign up for anything, I just want to download the file.

The " If you don't wish it, you can download directly" link takes me to SourceForge where I get the message:

"The "/WampServer 3/WampSe..php5.6.25-7.0.10.exe" file could not be found or is not available. Please select another file."

I tried the link for the 32bit version and the same thing happens.

From where can I download the latest version of WAMP?

Download WampServer 64 bits (x64) 3.0.6

Re: Having trouble downloading 3.0.6
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 10, 2018 09:17AM

Hi,

Last version is 3.1.4. See WAMPserver 3 - All you need to know

Before installation :
- 1 - Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.
- 2 - Items 03 and 08 of TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: Having trouble downloading 3.0.6
Posted by: Bobn (---.lightspeed.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 12, 2018 08:46PM

Thank you.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back here and thank you for the information.

Bob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.