WampServer 2.5
Posted by: swedenmark (---.dk.customer.tdc.net)
Date: September 24, 2018 04:40PM

I had trouble with my past wampserver on localhost. I have renamed til present wamp. Then I have downloaded the same version wamp 2.5 and installed it and go green light through the installation process. Now I want to connect to the earlier databases (4 databases) all made in the rename wamp in the www.map. I have copied only the databases from the rename wamp to the folder www on the new wamp. I can see them as my projects in localhost. But when I tied to connect f.ex. localhost/DBname/index.php I can't connect?

How can I get the wamp server to execute my order?

Best regards swedenmark

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer 2.5
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: September 24, 2018 05:34PM

Hi

What troubles did you have with WAMPServer before installing a new version?

The correct way to have done it would have been to backup your databases before installing a new WAMPServer then you could have restored them into the new installed version.

What type of databases were they? i.e. MYISAM or INNODB

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: September 24, 2018 06:08PM

It was a stack overrflow problem. It was a limit problem. My Limit should go up ti 53M. Best regards swedenmark

Date: September 24, 2018 06:10PM

Then why did you not just re-configure PHP that is a simple process

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 24, 2018 06:13PM

Hi,

> My Limit should go up ti 53M.
Limit of what ?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: September 24, 2018 06:43PM

Sorry, lack of skills and knowledge? What do I need to do now?

Date: September 24, 2018 07:05PM

I am struggling to understand the logic here !!!!

You say you had WAMPServer 2.5 installed. But there was a simple configuration that needed increasing.

So you reinstalled EXACTLY the same version of WAMPServer, which will have EXACTLY the same configuration settings as before i.e. Too small (whatever setting you are talking about).

All you seem to have done is manage to loose your existing databases, and get a WAMPServer that was exactly the same as the one you had before.

Again I say, where is the logic in what you have done ???????

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 24, 2018 07:08PM

Hi,

> What do I need to do now?

As we don't understand what exactly you did, or what you want to do, or if your "second" Wampserver installation is fully functional, with a green icon and access to localhost and PhpMyAdmin, I don't know what to tell you.
You said, "I had trouble with my past wampserver on localhost." But here too, we do not know what the problems were.
Under these conditions, explaining what you should do is a matter of chiromancy or requires sighting skills.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: September 24, 2018 07:16PM

Oto,

chiromancy smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Now you are just showing off smiling smiley smiling smiley

Date: September 24, 2018 07:27PM

This can be recovered but if changing a parameter in an ini file is too complicated then even if I took the 20-30 minutes to document what you need to do I doubt you would be able to accomplish the proceedure.

So if you have Team Viewer and are prepared to let me do it with you, then tomorrow morning we can connect up and see if together we can recover your databases.

If this is agreeable to you, send me a Private Message with your TeamViewer ID and password any time after 09:00 UK Time and we will have a go.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.