Changing listen port problems
Posted by: Warwick (---.jetstream.xtra.co.nz)
Date: March 25, 2006 01:15AM

Latest WAMP installed and CMS loaded into WWW folder on a PC. Go to local host and CMS home page pops up and everything is fine.

I need to move off port 80 - blocked by ISP so change listen port to 8080 as follows

http.config changes
Listen 8080
ServerName localhost:8080

Forward port 8080 in router and check with open port check tool that its open
Check firewall to see Apache is open on port 8080

At this point I can access the CMS home page externally from the internet however if I
go to localhost:8080 theCMS home page loads in text format and clicking on menus gets connection refused by localhost.?

What have I done wrong here??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Changing listen port problems
Posted by: stud~muffin (---.dhcp.ftwo.tx.charter.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 05:30AM

I'm Definatly not the most expirianced here, But have you tried for your servername (Modem IP):8080, and access your page the same way?

Nooby-teen!! Learning about PHP and apache and Lovin' it!

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 06:53AM

go back into your httpd.conf and undo this change you made

ServerName localhost:8080

change back to this

ServerName localhost

save the file, restart apache and try again

Date: March 29, 2006 11:22AM

Thank you for your suggestions. Changing the server name does not seems to make any impact at all when trying to load the page locally. I

can load the page [localhost] which returns the WAMP home page and flick through the menus into PHPadmin etc but when I load [localhost] I get the cms home page in text format instead of graphical format.

Also when I move through the menus on the cms homepage it returns to localhost instead of localhost:8080. For example selecting the extensions submenu on the cms home page seeks [localhost].

I think I'll try to load another cms product and see if its an issue with that product i.e hardcoded ports?

Very interested in any suggestions others might have though if this suggests an apache config issue??

Date: March 29, 2006 09:30PM

Whoops. Didn't alter path in config.php to reflect port change.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.