easy diskquestion
Posted by: egoph (---.bredband.comhem.se)
Date: September 17, 2018 11:58PM

Hey,

I have now Wamp on a separate disk D: and now I need to reinstall Win10 as OS on C: and have to clean everything out. Can I keep WAMP on D: and only reinstall win10 on C: and reinstall MS Visual C++ files again?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: easy diskquestion
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: September 18, 2018 12:43AM

Yes you can.

Once you re-install Windows and all the MSVC Runtime libraries you can then re-activate the WAMPServer you have on the D drive easily, without needing to reinstall it.

Launch D:\wamp64\wampmanager.exe and using the menus do:

To reinstall the Apache service
- left click wampmanager icon->Apache->Service Administration->Install Service

To reinstall the MySQL service
- left click wampmanager icon->MySQL->Service Administration->Install Service

To reinstall the mariaDB service
- left click wampmanager icon->mariaDB->Service Administration->Install Service

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: September 20, 2018 11:30PM

I think I have to rewrite all virtual hosts or?

Date: September 21, 2018 12:30AM

I would guess not, but I cannot see your VH's so I cannot be sure smiling smiley as I am not clairvoyant smiling smiley smiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: September 22, 2018 04:53PM

I can't install Apache server ....? The other two services are installed...

Date: September 23, 2018 06:49PM

Hi

Did you install ALL the MSVC runtime libraries again. The install of the OS will have removed all but the one that comes with the OS install?

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 23, 2018 08:03PM

Hi,

- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

What is the result of
- Right-Click wampmanager tray icon -> Tools -> Test port 80

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.