Re: Wamp only start 2 services
Posted by: ameliabob (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: August 13, 2018 02:53PM

I received this response after running the tools; but now what do I do to fix it.

State of services:

The service 'wampapache64' is started

The service 'wampmysqld64' is NOT started
EXIT error code:0
Help message for error code 0 is:
The operation completed successfully.

The service 'wampmariadb64' is started

The service 'dnscache' is started

WampServer (Apache, PHP and MySQL) will not function properly if any service
'wampapache64'
'wampmysqld64'
'wampmariadb64'
'dnscache'
is not started.

I really can't tell what is started and what is not started

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 13, 2018 03:30PM

It looks like `wampmysqld64` (the Mysql service) has not started.

1) Look in the \wamp64\logs\ folder at the error logs, specifically from MySQL

2) If that tells you nothing, then open the `Windows Event Viewer` and look for error messages from `MYSQL` if they do not tell you obviously what the error is, please post a few errors here and we will try and instruct you how to fix them.

Let me say that the normal reason for MySQL not starting, is that you already have another MySQL Server installed on your system. Is that the case for you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: August 13, 2018 03:41PM

The last error message is

2018-08-13T13:06:46.279829Z 0 [ERROR] Can't start server: Bind on TCP/IP port: No such file or directory
2018-08-13T13:06:46.280624Z 0 [ERROR] Do you already have another mysqld server running on port: 3306 ?
2018-08-13T13:06:46.281313Z 0 [ERROR] Aborting

I am the only one using this system. The message happened the first thing this morning and wamp was the first thing I started after Firefox.

Perhaps it occurred because I shut the computer down last night without shutting down all of the wamp services first?

Date: August 13, 2018 03:56PM

Hi

Well its always a good idea to close WAMPServer before rebooting or closing Windows, but that error does not seem like it would have been caused by that.

It soes look like you have another MySQL Server running on port 3306. The messages even hint at that.

One regular reason for this is people installing MySQL WorkBench, which can, depanding on how you install it, come with its own version of MySQL Server. Did you do that??

It is also quite possible you have one you didnt know about.

Run the Services addon and look for a service called `MYSQL` remember the WAMPServer one is called `wampmysqld64`

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: August 13, 2018 04:13PM

Where do I find the Services addon?

Date: August 13, 2018 05:50PM

I think that it is : services.msc

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2018 10:28AM by RiggsFolly.

Date: August 13, 2018 09:39PM

I went in the task manager and found 3 instances of mysqld running. I got rid of two of them and then got the little green W. I have gone back and found that there are now 2

Date: August 14, 2018 10:31AM

Hi

Does this mean you are now working with WAMPServer?

Date: August 20, 2018 04:08PM

I have been going back and forth between services and task manager.

Now I have restarted "all services' and get the yellow W and it says 2 of 3 services started/

wampsqld64 is NOT running

wampmariad is running

wampapache64 is running

Restart all services gets me the same result.

In digging around I find a mysqld.exe in a folder named MYSQL/MYSQL Server 8.0

I am not sure where this came from; but could this be causing a conflict with one of the ports

Date: August 20, 2018 04:54PM

It sounds to me like you had already got a MySQL Server installed on your system and that has already beed started at boot time.

Do you have a service called MYSQL as well as the WAMPServer one which is called `wampmysqld64`

If you do, I would suggest uninstalling it. BUT first make sure you have backed up any databases you may have been using, so you can resore them to the WAMPServer version of MySQL

Date: August 20, 2018 06:49PM

It now works.

For the future folks. Look in the task manager to find out what servers (that you have forgotten about) are running and uninstall them and restart your computer. I know the instructions say nothing else should be running. But you may have forgotten something that you did last year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.