Changing Document root in Wampserver 3
Posted by: Larion476 (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: August 12, 2018 03:41PM

I an using Wampserver 2.2 on Windows. I have changed the Document root to something like d:/$$HTDOCS
and every thing works fine.
Installed Wampserver 3.1.3. Installation went fine and I had access to PHPMyAdmin in an empty root. But I cannot access my data or the databases.
I tried to change the document root in both httpd.conf AND httpd-vhosts.com.

But Wamperserver stopped working, the APACHE services would not start.

What am I doing wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Changing Document root in Wampserver 3
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 12, 2018 05:11PM

Hi,

For your local sites, you must use VirtualHost, as with all hosting providers.
This way you sites can be anywhere on your disks, you can put the DocumentRoot that suits you.
See The need for Virtual Host and Wampserver 3 - Create or add a VirtualHost

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: August 14, 2018 01:06AM

OK,

I followed the instructions and I have now a Local host and a Virtual host I called "localSite" located on another drive.

Originally I had more that 20 Databases on the local server 127.0.0.1. that I exported in SQL mode.

To import them back I realize I have first to create the Data Base, and then ,using the SQL mode copy/paste what I had exported to recreate each one. I don't know if this the most efficient way, if not please let me know.

I created a first DB in LocalSite to import it and I found out, when looking with PHPMyAdmin, that it exists also in the localhost, is this normal? If yes, on which of the host should I be working?

===================

THIS MAY BE ANOTHER TOPIC but I'll put here since it is related to installation. It has to do with french accent, most of my projects are bilingual French- English.

Originally I had the following:

Collation in the database : latin1_swedish_1_ci
Charset in the HTML: was iso-8859-1

and everything was find, the accents were displayed correctly. Now the accents é, è, à etc. show as a black square with question mark.

I looked at the table with PHPMYAdmin, the accent show OK. I tried to change the collation on the data base and the charset in the HTML, trying several permutations without success.

Can you please let me know how to correct this (I found out that if I go into the application and retype the accented letter, it is corrected and stays fine. But I do have a lot of applications and a ton of data, I cannot go through everything again. Hope you can help.

For your information on all my recent projects I use UTF-8

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 14, 2018 09:18AM

Hi/Bonjour,

For character set and diacritical character problems in French, I would prefer that you come and ask the problem on the forum francophone.

Do not forget that since PHP 5.6, the default character set is utf-8 and the connection to your iso-8859-1 databases must specify which set the link between the database and the PHP application.

See MySQL, character sets and collation (In French) which, although dating from 2009, is still current.

Pour les problèmes de jeux de caractères et de caractères diacritiques en Français, je préférerais que vous veniez poser le problème sur le forum francophone.

Ne pas oublier que depuis PHP 5.6, le jeu de caractères par défaut est utf-8 et la connexion à vos bases de données iso-8859-1 doit préciser quel le jeu de la liaison entre la base et l'application PHP.

Voir MySQL, jeux de caractères et collation qui, bien que datant de 2009, est toujours d'actualité.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: August 14, 2018 12:24PM

Merci,

J'ai posté ma question au sujet des accents sur le forum francophone.

Par contre j'aimerais une réponse à la première partie (au sujet de 2 hosts) avant de réinstaller le les de mes projets.

Merci d'avance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.