Installation Tutorial
Posted by: Claudius (---.bardstown.com)
Date: August 04, 2018 12:17AM

OK, Im a noob...

I installed WAMP on a Win 10 64 bit server. Followed the bouncing ball on youtube on unzipping the HumHub installation file and I ran into a couple problems.

configuring a MySQL database for HumHub and some other stuff, not important in regards to this post.

But anyway, suffice it to say that I ran into some trouble. So I'm trying to figure out the problems and I see there at the bottom of the MyPhPAdmin page a link to this forum. So I logged on and created the account. Started reading through the first few posts and ran into the line about installing WAMP with administrative privilege.

Sure would have been nice to know that at the beginning of this ordeal.

So the question I have is there a cradle to grave, follow the bouncing ball installation tutorial that I can watch or read that will lead a guy like me through the HumHub installation that contains complete directions and makes no assumptions? Say as an example that the instruction set tells me in specific how to configure a MySQL database using MyPhPAdmin? That tells me to install WAMP as an administrator before I actually install WAMP?

Thanks...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installation Tutorial
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 04, 2018 04:49PM

Hi,

The prerequisites before installing Wampserver are given here: WAMPserver 3 - All you need to know and are repeated in the message displayed during the installation before it actually starts.

- 1 - - Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
And you will find all the packages on [wampserver.aviatechno.net] in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.

- 2 - Apply item 03 and 08 of TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS but nothing prevents you from reading and checking everything

- 3 - Launch the installer "as an administrator"

Given the hundreds of CMS and thousands of WEB applications, you will not find in this forum the installation procedures of these. It is up to the designers of these CMS and applications to give the installation procedures in a WEB server.
However, as is done with all hosting providers - although you may not realize it - you must use VirtualHost for your local sites.
See The need for Virtual Host and Wampserver 3 - Create or add a VirtualHost

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.