Socket path issue
Posted by: AnsarM (---.lightspeed.frokca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 03, 2018 01:48PM

Hi, I am new to wampserver and databases. I am using a program called ecobable userbase to have a registration login page on my website. I have made a database in myphpadmin. I am now trying to connect my software to my database but keep getting this error

Error connecting to database. Please adjust your db prefs if necessary. The error was: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

I have checked my (my.ini) file and it says the following

socket = /tmp/mysql.sock

I have looked everywhere for how to change the path my software is using to connect to the database. I seen something that says

"This error occurs due to multiple installations of MySQL, in the operating system."

I did have wamp and mysql on my computer at the same time, so, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything, and I still get this message.Can I solve this issue with wamp. Everything is try from looking it up is not working!

Please help me!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Socket path issue
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 03, 2018 02:04PM

Hi,

It's not a socket issue.
> "This error occurs due to multiple installations of MySQL, in the operating system."
Wampserver includes a MySQL server and you cannot have two MySQL servers at the same time.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: AnsarM (---.lightspeed.frokca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 03, 2018 02:12PM

Thank you for the response,

I understand that, and I deleted the other mysql, I mean uninstalled it. Is there more I need to do in order to ensure all traces of it is gone. Is there a way I can check this!

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 03, 2018 02:29PM

Hi,

> Is there more I need to do in order to ensure all traces of it is gone. Is there a way I can check this!
After uninstalling, you should restart Windows.

Then, after launching Wampserver, the Wampmanager icon in the taskbar should be green.
If it is not, it is necessary to determine which service is not started, to do this, there are tools integrated to Wampserver, available even if the icon is not green, for example :
Right-click Wampmanager icon -> Tools -> Check state of services

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.