updating mysqldump
Posted by: nerimtz (188.127.114.---)
Date: February 20, 2018 09:52PM

Hi, I'm having troubles exporting scripts from mysql workbench because it says that mysql workbench has 5.7.17. version of mysqldump and sql server needs 5.7.19 version or higher. I'm not sure what do I have to update and how? Should I update mysql workbench or wampserv, and is there some kind of automatic update that us usual in other apps? I tried to set the path in edit-> preferences->administration by pointing it to mysqldump.exe in wampserv directory on the disk but the problem persists. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: updating mysqldump
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 21, 2018 10:19AM

Hi

This is not really a WAMPServer issue, but rather a how to use MySQL Workbench issue, but anyway, try this

Launch WorkBench
Dont connect to any database
You should see the words "MySQL Connections" followed by a Plus (+) and a Spanner symbol... Click the spanner

This should have launched the "Manage Server Connections dialog.

In the left pane, click the connection name you have setup, for example mine is "Localhost MySQL5.6.36"
Then click the "System Profile" tab

Set the parameters as follows
System Type : Windows
Installation Type : Custom
Configuration File : D:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.6.36\my.ini
^^^^ This is the important one 
^^^^ it should point to the my.ini file of the version of MySQL you want to use

Configuration File Section: wampmysqld
Windows Service Name: wampmysqld
^^^ These 2 would be wampmysqld64 if you are running a 64bit WAMPServer

Basically you should setup a new connection for each of the possible MySQL server instances you are playing with, so that each connection knows where to find the `my.ini` file and the correct section of the my.ini file.

Now unfortunately, workbench seems to assume you will only ever have one MySQL instance, so each time you change versions of MySQL you also need to do what you already did and check the

Edit->Preferences->Administration parameters and make sure you are pointing to the correct version of `mysqldump.exe` and `mysql.exe`

Annoying but true.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2018 10:20AM by RiggsFolly.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.